Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shark Week #5, post for Hurricane Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:13 pm    Post subject: Shark Week #5, post for Hurricane Dave Reply with quote

my 'migo Hurricane Dave has been working with this model for a while. modified snapper with random enamel paint and MPR decals. posting because he is kinda technologically slow... Laughing

beautiful car. his paint work is normally amazing, and this is no exception.

I may let him know to chime in about all the awesome mods he did.

nice car, bud... nice.
Jim N

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great! Really nice work.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you buddy for posting these for me. This is a Jr snap kit, Krylon paint, MPR decals(which are always awesome to work with), board member Scooter made this shark fin for me(thank you my friend) and yea, these kits suck lol. A lot of cutting and modding to lower it, this is the best I could do, homemade front splitter from a Chinese take out lid lol. I did miss the white underlay for the 2 NASCAR racecar decals on the A pillar and the ethanol, hindsight is always 20/20, and the forward 5 that goes on the headlight totally bent over on me and I couldn't recover it. This kit had a split exhaust and my buddy 18 texted me and said" you know the exhaust only goes out of the passenger side, right?" Uh no! So I completely tore the kit exhaust apart and super glued and filled, and sanded, and filled some more until I got it somewhat respectable. The dorsal fin on the C pillar where the blue and black meet was drawn on paper many many times until I finally liked the geometry of it and traced to the car and taped over and cut out with an exacto knife. I did a little bit of tire detail and tried my hand at some wiring detail. This is my first SS car I've ever built so take it easy on me guys Very Happy. Any comments or tips are always welcomed. Sorry about the crappy pics guys, my IPhone 4 is way behind the times Laughing
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Penguins87

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Dave.
scooter64

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice hot rod Hurricane...

very nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: