Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 7 - Bristol Motor Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 7 - Bristol Motor Speedway Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p30QHbD8018

DK: Champions are not born, they are made. Achieving the title takes years of dedication, hard work, many turns of the right wrenches, and a handful of luck. Today, the drivers of the 2024 Fantasy Cup Series season will decide who among them will hoist the crown and etch his or her name into history. Hello, everyone, I'm Dave Knight and joining me as always is NASCAR Holl of Famer, Darrell Waltrip. DW, it's been another season of ups and downs for this year's competitors but for one last time in 2024, 10 engines will sing for 300 laps here at the Last Great Coliseum; the Bristol Motor Speedway. You know more than anyone how special winning at this legendary venue is. In fact, you're the Grand Marshal today.

DW: Dave, this is one place where I never fired my engine up and thought I'd run second. A lot of battles have been fought on the concrete and one of these driver's engines is gonna be singing V-I-C-T-O-R-Y at the end of the day. I'm ready to get these things fired up!

DK: Indeed, DW. We've seen consistently good runs including a pair of wins for each of the top two in points. Those being Ken Wallace and his father Keith Wallace. However, Amy Hilton has really flexed her Oldsmobile's muscles over the last 6 weeks never finishing worse than 6th.

DW: Don't count ol' Spud out though. Even with a DNF, he's hangin' in there with 3 top 2 finishes. And by the way, 3 more drivers are mathematically eligible to lift that FCS trophy over their head at the end of the day.

DK: Nothing is impossible, that's for sure. Also, the polesitter for the Cracker Barrel 300 also receives 5 bonus points for best looking car. And with that, let's not waste any more time. We now go trackside.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for the singing of our national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkfGClpS_oc

And now, race fans, it's time for the most famous words in motorsports. Please welcome our grand marshal, 12-time Bristol winner in the NASCAR Cup Series, Darrell Waltrip!

DW: Bristol, let's get this thing started! Lady and gentlemen, start your engines!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin' for a championship!

DK: And Blank get's a great start. He's gonna glue his Ford to the inside of turns 1 and 2 and maintain half a car length over Loggins down the back stretch. Loggins in the 96 is gonna throw his Olds high and bring it down the hill at the apex of 3 and 4 with a pretty good run. He'll draw up to the bumper of the 97 and settle in as Blank leads at the line.

Lap 57

DK: Amy Hilton and Keith Wallace have been steadily picking off spots since the beginning.

DW: Dave, the NASCAR Cup drivers ran this place a little less than a month ago. Since then, the resin on the track has been ground off and the track's starting to get rubbered in naturally.

DK: And we're not seeing nearly as many marbles in the top lane.

Lap 70

DW: Trouble in turn 3!

DK: A couple of cars get together. It's the 27 of Hilton and the 23 of Keith Wallace!

DW: Man, that couldn't have come at a worse time!

DK: They'd made their way up to 4th and 5th respectively after not the best of qualifying times. Any hopes of a championship have quickly evaporated.

DW: It looks like Amy got a little loose at the apron and just turns sideways up the track, backs it around, and takes Keith with her.

DK: And they're both getting a push back to the garage area. Looks like a fixable amount of damage on both vehicles.

Lap 127

DW: The leaders have been swapping that top spot every few laps. This battle's been one for the ages here.

DK: Loggins now leads Blank making for the 8th lead change of this event. Save for 5 laps led by Rattlecan Dan after pit stops under caution, these 2 have put on a clinic.

Lap 153

DK: We're a little past halfway and both the 27 and 23 have made their way back onto the track at the same time.

Lap 189

DW: The points leader going into this race has really been struggling.

DK: Ken Wallace started 3rd but fell back significantly after the last round of stops but he's clawed his way back up to 5th.

Lap 267

DK: The leaders are coming up on the lapped car of Tim Wallace. He's going high allowing Phil N. Blank to put him a 3rd lap down.

DW: Meanwhile, ol' Spud's been on a tear. He was about a second behind a few laps ago but I think he may have found something.

DK: He's worked his way up and cut the deficit to a quarter of a second.

White Flag

DK: And Ken Wallace passes Dorf for 4th place as the leaders come to the white flag! They're side-by-side! If Loggins can win this race, he'll be the 2024 champion. Out of turn 2. Loggins with a run on the inside of Blank. He clears him going down the back stretch. The 96 of Loggins has 2 more turns. Meanwhile Ken Wallace doesn't have enough time to run down the Ford of Rattlecan Dan in 3rd. Dan has a 2 car length advantage as the leaders fly out of turn 4. Lee Loggins comes to the line to win the Cracker Barrel 300! Ken Wallace makes it to the bumper of Dan but needed probably another lap. He'll finish 4th and the points margin is only 1 behind the 2024 Fantasy Cup Series champion, Lee "Spud" Loggins!

DW: Man! That was a wild ride, Dave! Lee got it done when it counted and he's takin' home 2 trophies to the L.A.P. 1 Racing shop!

DK: That's the 2nd title for that organization. Congrats to that team.

1. 96 - Lee Loggins
2. 97 - Phil N. Blank
3. 6 - Rattlecan Dan
4. 14 - Ken Wallace
5. 11 - Doozle Dorf
6. 46 - JR Sealey
7. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield
8. 26 - Tim Wallace (-3)
9. 27 - Amy Hilton (-83)
10. 23 - Keith Wallace (-83)

DW: What a year, Dave. 7 races and it all comes down to a 1 point victory!

DK: Keith Wallace and Amy Hilton end up 3rd and 4th in points respectively. They've spoken on pit road. Hilton apologized for the incident on lap 70 and Wallace gives her a pat on the back.

DW: Yeah, that was just a little slip that had big implications. Glad to see the respect those 2 drivers showed for each other.

DK And with that, another name is etched into the record books. Lee Loggins is your 2024 Fantasy Cup Series Champion. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. Thank you for joining us for another exciting season and we'll see you next year.

Last edited by Razorback 46 on Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to say thank you to all of the competitors who participated this season and I look forward to next year!!
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to LL and team.
Lee "Spud" Lo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What a great race and great season for the L.A.P. 1 Racing team. Congratulations to all the competitors. Nothing but clean racing this year. Want to thank my sponsors and my team for a great season.
Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Lee. Brew Dog Racing teams had a good year. Razorback, thanks for another fun season!
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I say every year I don't participate but I find this stuff very entertaining. Thanks to all involved.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some changes are gonna have to be had in Hatterfield’s team for next year. From first to worst in the standings is unacceptable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: