Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 5 - West Virginia Motor Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:59 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 5 - West Virginia Motor Speedway Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbZ1yCex24&list=PL0yIiJlHJELM2bCntd8VwQFdvGjQqEfVK&index=32

DK: It's a beautiful day here in the great state of West Virginia and for the 10 drivers of the Fantasy Cup Series, it's about to get loud and rowdy! Hello everyone, I'm Dave Knight alongside Darrell Waltrip, welcome to the West Virginia Motor Speedway in Mineral Wells for the Wrangler 100!

DW: Dave, I've got my Wranglers on for just such an occasion. These jeans are tough... kinda like the guy I raced against back in the day who flew their colors, Dale Earnhardt. These drivers are gonna have to be tough on this 5/8 of a mile dirt oval.

DK: Indeed, DW. It's a 100 lap sprint to the checkers and we're going trackside to get this event started!

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for our national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNT7thH_oY

And now, race fans, here with the most famous words in motorsports, let's hear it for our grand marshal, 7-time NCAA football championship winning head coach and West Virginia native Nick Saban!

NS: Drivers, start your engines!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin'!

DK: Ken Wallace at the reigns hammers into turns 1 and 2. He bobbles a bit down the back stretch opening the door for JR Sealey. He's being pushed by Keith Wallace. 3-wide at the start in turns 3 and 4. Sealey digs down deep and edges the Wallace family by a fender to open this event.

Lap 8

DW: Trouble in turn 3! The 6 is smokin' around the outside. That engine is toast.

DK: And the tough times continue for Rattlecan Dan. Hard luck seems to have taken a liking to this team in the 2nd half of this season. What a heartbreaker.

Lap 36

DW: Boy I tell you, Tim Wallace has been picking this field off for several laps and he's up to 3rd.

DK: And Lee Loggins has not let him out of the crosshairs. He's clawed his way up along with him.

Lap 67

DK: Sealey has fallen back to 4th and is being stalked by Amy Hilton. Meanwhile, Tim Wallace and Lee Loggins are on a tear. Keith Wallace slips up the track a bit, Tim takes the lead!

Lap 77

DW: And we've got more trouble in turn 3! Hatterfield and Blank are tagled up in the inside wall. The 17 blew a right front tire and bounced off the wall.

DK: And Blank had nowhere to go. He gets collected by the Ford of Hatterfield and we go under caution once more.

White Flag

DK: And the white flag is out. Tim Wallace leads his dad but Keith is in danger in turn 2. Lee "Spud" Loggins is pushing the issue with a move to the outside. Tim has a 2 car length advantage as Loggins loses some ground. He goes high, Wallace throws the block. He overshoots in turn 3. He brushes the wall. Loggins with the advantage as Tim Wallace comes out of turn 4 to win the Wrangler 100! Loggins brings it home 2nd and Keith Wallace just manages to hold off the attack of Amy Hilton.

DW: Gosh, that was a heck of a battle, Dave! My knees are shakin'!!

DK: Same here, DW. That was quite a scuffle but Loggins held strong for that 2nd spot. And a dominant run from 7th for the Chevy driver and 2-time champion of this series, Tim Wallace. That family has certainly started a dynasty in the past few years of competition. Keith Wallace stretched his lead in the standings by 7 points over new 2nd place contender, Amy "Hollywood" Hilton. A strong performance by her as well.

1. 26 - Tim Wallace
2. 96 - Lee Loggins
3. 23 - Keith Wallace
4. 27 - Amy Hilton
5. 46 - JR Sealey
6. 14 - Ken Wallace (-1)
7. 11 - Doozle Dorf (-3)
8. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield (Out)
9. 97 - Phil N. Blank (Out)
10. 6 - Rattlecan Dan (Out)

DK: And with that, we turn our attention to next week. It'll be the Kingsford 127 at famous Road Atlanta. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight and we thank you once again for joining us here today.

Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Tim Wallace and the #26 team. Nice job. We're throwing things over in the #6 garage. They're saying I drove it too hard.
Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They always want to blame the driver. Say NO to pilot error !
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: