Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pearson 67 dodge R/T decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ediskrad

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Pearson 67 dodge R/T decals Reply with quote

Does anyone make decals for Pearson's 67 Dodge coronet? Has the large R/T on rear fender
bangor boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen them but there's an ebay vendor newly popped up who is trying - and I stress trying - to do vintage decals on laser printer.

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/jerbeck1118/m.html?item=265022039599&hash=item3db48b662f%3Ag%3ALGgAAOSwtEFgCVHD&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I looked at his '61 and '63 Joe Weatherly Pontiac decals and he's got the numbers wrong. How hard can that be to get right?

Same with his '54 Lee Petty Chrysler sheet (curved the backs of the #4 in Lee's #42).

Has issues with his '53 Herb Thomas Hudson as well. It's the '52 car numbers and graphics.

And the '50 Olds Bill Rexford sheet is a complete work of fiction. That car never ran with those markings.

But he says he'll do affordable customs and promises he'll be correcting errors. Shoot him a note. What's the worst that can happen?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Pearson 65 Coronet and 66 Charger....I am not familiar with the 67 Coronet so not sure how close these are.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only 67 Dodge I am aware of is the one that says Southeastern Dodge Dealers on the 1/4 panels, I have never seen one with a large R/T on the 1/4 panel. The first 67 I have that and a 67 Charger coming out very soon so if you have or get any pics of the R/T Version please forward the pic and I most likely would include that on the decal sheet....
GMP440

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject: Paul Goldsmith Reply with quote

I don't beleive Paul Goldsmith ran a 67 Coronet R/T. Bill Taylor ran a 67 Coronet R/T in Nascar. The is a youtube video of the 68 Daytona 500 showing the Billy Taylor car spinning out on the track.
james220

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive seen the car with the Big R/T decal always thought it was a 66. Only a front and 3/4 side view but again thought it was a 66. Am thinking the large R/T was at Riverside
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the pics I have from 67 is at Riverside its the one with Southeastern Dodge Dealers on the quarters.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a photo from Riverside with the big R/T on qtr panel
Bill
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found some pics of the car your speaking of with the Large R/T on the quarter. If anyone wants them email me and I will send them you. Also it looks like I may have to do another decal sheet or add to the one I am doing....
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hemiman. If you added a white roof-sized number 6 it would allow buyers to opt for doing Pearson's '64 Dodge Polara. The same car he ran in much of the first half of the '66 season and won nine of his 15 victories en route to his first drivers title.

That Polara had an all-red roof, so we need a white #6 to complete that car.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do the 64 Dodge, he would also need to add the small white Carolina Dodge Dealer that went on rear roof pillars
Bill
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is something to think about I currently do the 65 Dodge which is a fairly good seller this would add 2 cars problem is this is going to be a large decal sheet I try to keep my decals to a certain top size and going to another size would have ramifications with my shipping supplies and inventory systems....
bangor boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you not make these Polara options fit a small supplementary sheet? Charge a couple of bucks more.

If someone wants it, you print it. Fits in the same sleeve/envelope.

Bucks made. Job done.
Pete L.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
Could you not make these Polara options fit a small supplementary sheet? Charge a couple of bucks more.

If someone wants it, you print it. Fits in the same sleeve/envelope.

Bucks made. Job done.

That's a great idea, I'm looking to do the 1964 Cotton Owens Dodge as well...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: