Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revell / Salvino 77 Monte Carlo bumper grille swap.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject: Revell / Salvino 77 Monte Carlo bumper grille swap..... Reply with quote

I think there maybe a scale difference, but can the salvinos bumpers and grille be swapped into the Revell
snap kit?

Or is it even worth the trouble?

Several years ago, someone was offering resin race bumpers for the Revell kit, but have no idea who, anyone remember?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my Revell Monte Carlo I did years ago. I did NOT do all the work needed to make the frille and bumpers into NASCAR spec. Doing so is a lot of work and this build was really just a test for the then new Panch decals.
SO...IMHO reworking the Salvinos may be easier than mod the Revell.
jh63fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The resin bumpers you are asking about were done by Fred's Resin Workshop. He is not doing anything due to health issues or something along those lines.
The Salvino JR Monte Carlo body is 1/8" narrower than the Revell body across the front. I held the bumper up to it anyway, and the edges hit the the front of the fenders. No over hang like on Dave's build.
Lionpride

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two each, front and back of the resin ones all chromed up with Alclad. If I can figure out how to post a pic, I'll do so.
spooker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, Matt at Dencon Resin did them first. I may have a set or two kicking around here, let me check.
Lionpride

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spooker wrote:
Actually, Matt at Dencon Resin did them first. I may have a set or two kicking around here, let me check.

Conte, right? or something like that? That's where I got mine.
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better known to today's modelers as LUKA CEE on youtube. Not sure what's going on with his casting business. He had a cryptic post not long ago about the future of it.

Pretty sure his stuff was available only through Andy's HHQ website.

Seems like an OK guy, has trouble staying on task with his youtube postings though. They are all over the place.

Not sure he's casting those bumpers anymore, he did some interesting Nascar stuff that was still available last time I checked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: