Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2023 - Race 6 - Smoky Mountain Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 3:33 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2023 - Race 6 - Smoky Mountain Speedway Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4

DK: And the 9 renegades of the Fantasy Cup Series are about to fire up the engines here at the Smoky Mountain Speedway. Hello again, I'm Dave Knight alongside Darrell Waltrip and welcome to Tennessee for the Burger King 100. This track has a lot of history, DW. The Grand National cars ran here back in the day and I think your good friend Buddy Baker had an odd incident.

DW: That's right, Dave. Buddy got hurt in a wreck and flew out the back of the ambulance under caution. Almost got run over by Joe Frasson and when he barrel rolled it in the infield, the medic came up and asked if he was hurt. Buddy said, "No I'm dead. All you gotta do is just cover me up here."

DK: Well, thankfully, safety's come a long way since then. And now we go trackside to open this event.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for our national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMUQrymgb4w

And now, race fans, here with the most famous words in motorsports, legendary Nashville recording artist, T.G. Sheppard.

TGS: Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin' in Tennessee!

DK: Tim Wallace with a great start. Linda Lou Godlewski from the second row, following suit as they pile into turns 1 and 2 for the first time.

DW: And ol' Spud and Razorback got a little sideways off the line there. It's a little early for donuts, boys.

DK: They keep it together though and Tim Wallace sails it off of turn 4 and he'll lead the opening lap.

Lap 12

DK: And Keith Wallace is slow in turn 3. A little bit of smoke from the right front. A tire failure brings out the yellow. He'll bring his Ford to the pits.

DW: I think Keith got a bit loose and knocked the fender in off of 2. He got into the 17 a bit.

DK: I think so too, DW. Sheldon Hatterfield with a little bit of damage on that quarter panel. Doesn't look like he has a tire rub though. The 23 crew going to work on the right side. He's gonna lose a few laps but he'll get going again and fall back in line.

Lap 47

DW: Ken Wallace has been on a tear since that last caution. He's up to 4th and...

DK: Trouble in turn 2. A plume of smoke from the Buick of Amy Hilton. Her Razorback Motorsports power plant expiring and we're under caution again.

DW: And Linda Lou Godlewski had just took the lead from Tim Wallace.

Lap 68

DK: And what a run for the young man in that 26 car. He just powered his way past his brother Tim.

Lap 88

DW: Man, that 26 car is on a roll! Linda Lou held him off for a bit but here he comes.

DK: He'll come off turn 2 from the outside, get a run on the inside, and takes the lead down the back stretch.

White Flag

DK: And leader Ken Wallace takes the white flag with a 2 car length advantage over Linda Lou Godlewski. Holds his Chevy Lumina steady as he thunders through turns 1 and 2.

DW: And he did the same thing his dad did at Lime Rock. Keith showed him how it was done last week and Ken's showin'em how it's done this week.

DK: Checkered flag in the air as the number 26 car of Ken Wallace comes off turn 4 to win the Burger King 100 at Smoky Mountain Speedway!

1. 26 - Ken Wallace
2. 56 - Linda Lou Godlewski
3. 11 - Tim Wallace
4. 46 - JR Sealey
5. 04 - Lee Loggins
6. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield
7. 72 - Bill Godlewski
8. 23 - Keith Wallace (-2)
9. 3 - Amy Hilton (Out)

DK: Linda Lou Godlewski with a 2nd place finish has cut her deficit to 5 points behind leader Sheldon Hatterfield. And now, it's nearly time to decide the championship for the 2023 Fantasy Cup season. Next week, we go to the historic North Wilkesboro Speedway for the Goody's 300. And don't forget to place your votes for the best looking car. The winner will receive 5 bonus points. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. Thank you so much for joining us and we'll see you next week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: