Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monte Carlo round body specific decals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vdc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject: Monte Carlo round body specific decals. Reply with quote

Since returning to Nascar modelling, have learnt that the late 90's Monogram Monte kits are not legit if they are round body (Busch) with Cup series decals, the Kodak and Cartoon Network for example.

Disappointing to learn this! As I have just built the #29 Flintstones car and struggled with its old stiff decals, but laid them eventually.

So question is, what decals available are technically correct for a round body Monte Carlo?

A search on Jayski, shows only slabside Busch 1999 cars. [/u]
KDM_Racing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe any Busch car from 1995 to 97 would be correct. So the WCW kit is actually correct. I have also built the car #74 cars from 95 and 96
SkoalPerce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few of those Slixx decals produced for those '95-'97 round sided Monogram Monte kits are made specifically for the rounded version...the hood is the killer, the Flintstone Cartoon Car decals only fit that thin rounded Monte hood..
Vdc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDM_Racing wrote:
I believe any Busch car from 1995 to 97 would be correct. So the WCW kit is actually correct. I have also built the car #74 cars from 95 and 96

Thanks to naming the actual years. That WCW car looks a great option. Also seen a few BGN Slixx sheets on the CRC site, I assumed they printed only Cup cars.

This Farmers Choice is a wild option.

KDM_Racing

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vdc wrote:
KDM_Racing wrote:

Thanks to naming the actual years. That WCW car looks a great option. Also seen a few BGN Slixx sheets on the CRC site, I assumed they printed only Cup cars.

This Farmers Choice is a wild option.

What site are you seeing these. I am always looking for a new source of decals
Vdc

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which site? At Carolina Racing Collectibles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: