Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parts & 'stuff' needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_al40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:57 am    Post subject: Parts & 'stuff' needed Reply with quote

Looking for the following (to replace things lost due to a sump pump and alarm system failure!):
Salvino Bobby Allison 1971 Dodge Charger - instruction booklet
MPC 1969 Dodge Charger 500 - front grille
AMT Chevelle Malibu - fire extinguisher (2 pcs)
fan belt
valve covers (2)
water pump
Monogram Melling Thunderbird (kit #2207) - drive shaft
parts # 56 & 80 - front frame/shock braces
Decal sheet from new Lennie Pond #54 Chevelle (hoping someone has one that they will not be using!)
Thanks for any help (will pay any reasonable costs!)
Al Kinney
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't find one beforehand, ACE announced this past Wednesday they are producing the Pond sheet with the numbers separate from the gold.
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can provide the chevelle parts from a Saturday Night report if that's ok?
big_al40

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:39 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

Very good news regarding Ace doing (hopefully) better decals for the Lennie Pond kit. I was so looking forward to the Pond reissue as I wanted to replace the #54 car I had built years ago. What a disappointment (I can't say what I really thought!) when I saw the sheet in the new release.
I remember talking with Lennie about the gold color and he told me the color was 'Aztec gold'. Each car had 10 coats of the color applied!
Thanks very much for the info on possible Ace decals. Also thanks for the PM regarding the Saturday Thunder Malibu parts (PM sent) - just what I had hoped to find!!
Al
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: parts needed Reply with quote

big_al40 wrote:
Very good news regarding Ace doing (hopefully) better decals for the Lennie Pond kit. I was so looking forward to the Pond reissue as I wanted to replace the #54 car I had built years ago. What a disappointment (I can't say what I really thought!) when I saw the sheet in the new release.
I remember talking with Lennie about the gold color and he told me the color was 'Aztec gold'. Each car had 10 coats of the color applied!
Thanks very much for the info on possible Ace decals. Also thanks for the PM regarding the Saturday Thunder Malibu parts (PM sent) - just what I had hoped to find!!
Al

Would Aztec Gold be similar to the Inca Gold lacquer that Testors makes? If so, that should be a pretty easy find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: