Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Home Depot "Great Pumpkin" Pontiac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:55 pm    Post subject: Home Depot "Great Pumpkin" Pontiac Reply with quote

... the Home Depot "Great Pumpkin" Pontiac Grand Prix ... owned by Joe Gibbs ... driven by Tony Stewart

... box stock Revell/Monogram kit ... Testors enamels ... Slixx decals
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well done ! Wondering if the rear spoiler is the piece that came with the kit ? It likely would not be Cup legal, running straight across the deck lid.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2 versions of the #1 Pontiac shown have the only spoiler I've ever seen on a 1996 - 2002 Cup - legal Pontiac. I'm sure the Tin Indian teams would liked to have had the extra downforce that straight - across spoiler would have produced; the increased drag not so much. Rolling Eyes
Old Coyote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
Very well done ! Wondering if the rear spoiler is the piece that came with the kit ? It likely would not be Cup legal, running straight across the deck lid.

... the spoiler and body are cast as one piece ... I truly wouldn't know if it would be Cup legal or not ... I just used what was in the box Embarassed

the other kit bodies are surely different ... probably came in a different kit

... I honestly had never noticed the difference before ...

... looking at the pictures closer, the body on the Home Depot car does not have a "licence plate" recess on the rear bumper .... the other two do .... definitely two different kits ... Great catch sir !

Last edited by Old Coyote on Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
jh63fan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the heck of it, I checked about 6 or 7 different releases of that body style and they all had the contoured rear spoiler and license plate recess. I don't have any of the Pro Finish kits to check. Could it have possibly been a test shot you have somehow. Someone on here will know the answer.
By the way, fantastic looking car. Seems you like doing those fade paint jobs.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Fascinating " as Mr. Spock would say. Maybe you do have an obscure variant ??? I always liked that body style of Pontiac Grand Prix, so different from the more formal Monte Carlo & Olds.
BTW, I always liked the Kyle Petty / Coors Beer / Elvira Halloween Pontiac too, even though the last version of the previous body looked like a door stop !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: