Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Gen Camaro Windows

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papadoc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Next Gen Camaro Windows Reply with quote

This might seem a little basic but what is the best way to handle the decals and the fitting for the Next Gen Camaro Windows?

I'm trying to be super careful with my kits and haven't really worked with window decals like this before.

Every video I come across just seem like they do this off camera too, so not much of a help

Thanks!
Steve Salhany

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The decals for the windows work very well if you apply them and then put Microsol on top of them, one piece at a time. I've had good luck doing that. And I've done that after installing the windows into the body.
Papadoc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Salhany wrote:
The decals for the windows work very well if you apply them and then put Microsol on top of them, one piece at a time. I've had good luck doing that. And I've done that after installing the windows into the body.

Excellent thanks Steve! Always loved looking at your models too!
hurricane21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had some fit issues with the front window on a couple of Next Gen kits. It's like the window isn't curved correctly or it's warped and one of the corners sticks way up. Has anyone else dealt with this?
martinfan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hurricane21 wrote:
I've had some fit issues with the front window on a couple of Next Gen kits. It's like the window isn't curved correctly or it's warped and one of the corners sticks way up. Has anyone else dealt with this?

I have this very same issue one time, on the my 24 Axalta kit, the windshield was not curved enough.
Joe Oteri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thickness of the glass and the jam not being deep enough doesn't help. I'm working on one now and had to thin the edge of the glass and jam a bit to get them all to sit flush.

https://public.fotki.com/AAJOTERI/joes_models-1/nascar_models/
jaws1972

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every NG kit that I've built have had zero issues with window fit and I apply decals once installed into body.

Correction: last 2 windshields were warped requiring extra glue, tape, patience for them to seat properly.

Last edited by jaws1972 on Thu Oct 27, 2022 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
martinfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaws1972 wrote:
Every NG kit that I've built have had zero issues with window fit and I apply decals once installed into body.

All the NG kits Ive built( 8 thus far) the side(b-pillar) windows need sanding to fit and do not sit flush, and ive had one where the windshield did not get formed to the correct shape , it wasnt curved enough.

its funny how that works huh?
2002p51

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a badly warped windshield in one of the Camaro kits. I used the "contact" page on the website and asked about a replacement and a new one was in the mail, on it's way to me, the same day. I got it two days later and it fit perfectly. They will stand behind their kits.
LastoftheV8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

I've had kits where windows fit perfectly and I've had some where sanding or warming in hot water and gently bending the front windshield gets and OK fit. side windows are hit or miss. dry fit first, then I use a nail sanding stick from CVS to take down enough material so it drops in
LastoftheV8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:06 am    Post subject: same here Reply with quote

I've had kits where windows fit perfectly and I've had some where sanding or warming in hot water and gently bending the front windshield gets and OK fit. side windows are hit or miss. dry fit first, then I use a nail sanding stick from CVS to take down enough material so it drops in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: