Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino Gen 6 Hendricks Camaro Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject: Salvino Gen 6 Hendricks Camaro Kit Reply with quote

I understand some of the kits will have the body already molded in a color other than normal white. Would someone tell me body color of the 5, 9, 24, 48 and the RollOut cars?
Thanks
Bill
TiminToledo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is an unboxing and build of one of the #9 kits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnzLf-PnS5Y
martinfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Roll out kit body is white, Chase is Blue, no one knows about the other HMS cars because they havent been released yet, but we can make an educated guess and say,
5 will be blue,
24 will be black,
and the 48 white.

Last edited by martinfan on Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jaws1972

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the educated guesses for the Hendrick mold colors.

I really appreciate the white, silver, and black sprues for the chassis, hopefully they will continue into the Ford and Toyota kits. IMHO, the GM chassis parts could easily be used in the other manufacturers except for specific parts such as under hood ducting and valve covers.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://public.fotki.com/predmond/model_cars/current_projects/chase-elliott-2022-/

The educated guesses above are quite accurate for the colors stated.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Bill
iceman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little disappointed about the colored bodies, but just me liking the white bodies. Crying or Very sad
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iceman wrote:
Little disappointed about the colored bodies, but just me liking the white bodies. Crying or Very sad
X2
tomcat65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's decals will be doing blank white bagged "donor" kits of the 2022 NextGen Chevy Camaro for around $29.00 each. He made the announcement a couple of months ago in an e-mail to all who had placed a pre-order of the "rollout" car from him. If I had to guess, probably late May/early June for those after Salvino's gets caught up on the Hendrick cars.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadetree Modeler wrote:
iceman wrote:
X2

The color is a PIGMENT, not a dye like the old monogram etc. so you should have no bleed through.

and from some of the builds I've seen you have nothing to worry about.
don't rush the build.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: Salvino Gen 6 Hendricks Camaro Kit Reply with quote

BVAUGHN wrote:
I understand some of the kits will have the body already molded in a color other than normal white. Would someone tell me body color of the 5, 9, 24, 48 and the RollOut cars?
Thanks
Bill

I absolutely hate molded in body color. Please Salvino, rethink your plans if that is one of them. Adding in the extra step of an aluminum paint coat for us is not appreciated. Just make them as white as you can.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the #48 in white??? And Mike's bag kits too. IIRC!!
TonyK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never minded a molded body color as long as it's going to be painted a similar color. For me, it makes for a better painted body.

Now I understand if you were to build and paint a different car it might make things more difficult. That's where the generic molded in white kits come in handy.
TiminToledo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Salvino Gen 6 Hendricks Camaro Kit Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:

I absolutely hate molded in body color. Please Salvino, rethink your plans if that is one of them. Adding in the extra step of an aluminum paint coat for us is not appreciated. Just make them as white as you can.

I know it can be a pain to cover colors, but some of the kits will be white, so you do not have to paint a colored body.

I watched a build of the #9 kit with the blue molded body and white kit decals. The colored body option with high quality decals allows a good reproduction of the car without having to paint the body.

I think that is key in helping young kids to get into the hobby and enjoy and continue to grow the hobby.

I don't see it as a problem with some of the kits having colored bodies at all. I get why they did it that way, and I am glad they did.
truedeadman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are doing the molded in color bodies to make it easier for folks who aren't that great at doing multiple color paint jobs on kits to build the kits. And these kits(next Gen) will be sold trackside in the souvenir trailers. They need to appeal to every builder of every skill level. Yes it would be easier to mold in one color, but getting new modelers in the hobby is always a good thing.
Danorace fan

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know when all the kits will be available?
jaws1972

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danorace fan wrote:
Anybody know when all the kits will be available?

My guess is most likely later this month or into June
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK...I got a Elliott Camaro kit. Done nothing but look through it a few times. What I noted from looking:
Mine had some flash, did not seem like as much as some other posted. Molder may have gotten the tool tuned better on mine.

I do not like the color bodies....just me.

The sink marks in each door where the supply gate is (inside) causes a ugly sink on outside of door on mine.

Are parts G16 & G19 missing on all kits???? Following the logic of the parts tree it looks like those parts would be the exhaust from the headers to side dump location. At first I thought they fell off the tree......but it looks like Salvinos blocked them off. Did the exhaust extensions not fit??? Or??

Can't tell much more untill I start the kit.....and that may not be soon.
Thanks
bigryan18

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the detail that's only seen on the underside of the roof was engraved on the top of the roof. The small hatch on the right shouldn't be there as well as the groove that runs thru the right roof flap and the grooves between the flaps should be filled and the drivers side roof rail needs to be lengthened.
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
OK...I got a Elliott Camaro kit. Done nothing but look through it a few times. What I noted from looking:
Mine had some flash, did not seem like as much as some other posted. Molder may have gotten the tool tuned better on mine.

The sink marks in each door where the supply gate is (inside) causes a ugly sink on outside of door on mine.

Are parts G16 & G19 missing on all kits???? Following the logic of the parts tree it looks like those parts would be the exhaust from the headers to side dump location. At first I thought they fell off the tree......but it looks like Salvinos blocked them off. Did the exhaust extensions not fit??? Or??

Thanks

Parts G16 & 19 , were originally separate parts that have been eliminated
The left header was a 3 part header and the right was a 2 part header. He change to make them 1 part headers. Part 17 is not used. That is from Jim.
Damon Lester

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven’t posted in along time, but life does that. I painted my Chase kit with white primer and saw zero blue bleed thru. This is from the pigment and not being a dye. This is modeling guys. If you want something that takes zero work, I guess you can buy a diecast. By the way, there probably will not be any this year. If this had been Revell, we wouldn’t have anything. Also anyone remember how many things were missing from the Gen 6 kits from Revell? A bunch of stuff and they are just okay.

I am enjoying my kits and will build them as I can because I am not a speed builder and having 3 kids takes my priorities that direction. Thankfully my 14 year old is getting into model building, so that affords me some more modeling time now. He is younger and he loves the kits and is just happy he can build his favorite driver in the #9 car. Oh how I miss the innocence of being young and not being old and crochety like we have become.

See you in another few months! Happy building! Enjoy these New NASCAR kits that some said we would never have!

Damon
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild Bill 2 wrote:
DaveVan wrote:

Thanks

Parts G16 & 19 , were originally separate parts that have been eliminated
The left header was a 3 part header and the right was a 2 part header. He change to make them 1 part headers. Part 17 is not used. That is from Jim.

Thanks! I thought I was going to have to ask for missing parts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: