Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nextgen Test Shots Photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martinfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:34 pm    Post subject: Nextgen Test Shots Photos Reply with quote

From Luka Cee's YT , Jim did a podcast with him and brought the test shots, these are screen grabs from the video.

Crime Dog

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like fun!
slotcar_fever

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When will that be available????
hurricane21

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any day now. Salvino's has them posted on their website. I believe the goal was to get them to market by the Daytona 500.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, I might have to grab at least one of those. Unless their 50 bucks or something ridiculous like that.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSRP is targeted at $37.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slotcar_fever wrote:

Tooling is being cut right now. NASCAR had some 'beyond last minute' changes.

Look for them mid/late March.
tomcat65

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an e-mail from Mike's about my pre-order for the Slavino's 2022 NextGen "Rollout" Chevy Camaro kit. In the e-mail it stated that Mike's would be selling blank bagged 2022 NextGen Camaro kits for about $29.00 each kit. And that they already have a few powerslide sheets in the works for the NextGen Camaro as well. Look for info on NextGen decal sheets on the website after the first points race at Daytona.
Papadoc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh lots of little pieces... this is going to be so different.. and fun! I feel like I've been building the same kit for 20 years

It is going to be great to be able to build things I'm seeing on the track this year as well... super excited!!!
martinfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slotcar_fever wrote:

The Roll Out scheme/livery kit should be available beginning of March, then the 4 HMS kits in April, Chase/Larson coming early April, Bowman/Bryon coming towards the end of April .
Joe Oteri

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great so far, thank you to Nascar for providing him with CAD drawings for these cars.

My one complaint: (And all the other Salvino glass is just like this) Why are there so many mold release tabs and why are the attachment points so large? There's gotta be a better way to mold the glass. One of the 2+2's I have, there's a hairline crack in the back window from where it's attached to the tree. Thankfully it's camouflaged by a brace/strap, but this seems like such an avoidable issue if engineered a little better.

https://public.fotki.com/AAJOTERI/joes_models-1/nascar_models/
Steve Salhany

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Oteri wrote:
This looks great so far, thank you to Nascar for providing him with CAD drawings for these cars.

My one complaint: (And all the other Salvino glass is just like this) Why are there so many mold release tabs and why are the attachment points so large? There's gotta be a better way to mold the glass. One of the 2+2's I have, there's a hairline crack in the back window from where it's attached to the tree. Thankfully it's camouflaged by a brace/strap, but this seems like such an avoidable issue if engineered a little better.

I'm no engineer but IIRC the formulation of clear plastic has changed from the time that the original Monogram glass molds were cut in the 80s, and the new formulation requires larger flow channels in order to fill the molds. I have noticed similar tabs on some new Revell kits.

That being said, I agree with you that the tabs on the glass are pretty darn big. Probably the largest I've seen yet.

I have noticed that cutting the glass from the sprue and cleaning it up is much trickier now than when I was a younger man, but I originally chalked that up to age.
jaws1972

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the YouTube video, great looking design, both guys are extremely excited about the kit. I'm checking my email throughout the day hoping for an update.
Wood Brothers Junkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope for the Mustang, but you know licensing.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wood Brothers Junkie wrote:
I hope for the Mustang, but you know licensing.

FORD paid for the tooling of many kits over the years. Going back to the 1980's with the Monogram road racing kits like the IMSA Mustangs and Trans Am cars. They provided the 1983 Thunderbird , NASCAR required changes after Monogram tooled it.....but not FORD or Monograms fault. FORD working with kit
makers all the way to the snap Fusion kits. Paying for tooling or giving licensing for free. That said who knows what the mind set is today.......but of all the groups I have done licensing with....FORD is the easiest. Let's hope.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the looks of the kit overall, but I do have a question. The "opera window" glass looks more like that of a Chevrolet Cavalier. Surely something will be done to make it look more like a Camaro. As a blue oval guy, I'm really looking forward to the Mustang!
bigryan18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TN Vols fan wrote:
I like the looks of the kit overall, but I do have a question. The "opera window" glass looks more like that of a Chevrolet Cavalier. Surely something will be done to make it look more like a Camaro. As a blue oval guy, I'm really looking forward to the Mustang!

That's how the window is on the race car, it just gets covered with the wrap to get the look of the Camaro's side glass..
Dan Belcher

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigryan18 wrote:
TN Vols fan wrote:

That's how the window is on the race car, it just gets covered with the wrap to get the look of the Camaro's side glass..

Here is a pic that really shows this well. You can see the outline of the window and the bolts in the wrap area.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies @bigryan18 and @Dan Belcher. I thought that I had read somewhere that the new car would have "C" pillars like a Mustang, Camaro and a Camry and still fit the common template. No matter, I like the new cars!
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up the fit on these will be tight
So you will need extra patience. take you time. and make sure, these wont be a quick build,
I look forward to the challenge.
TonyK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My past experience with a couple of Salvino's kits are a tight fit of parts so nothing new.

It is a good thing to point this out to anyone who hasn't built one before.
martinfan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you guys elaborate on the "tight" ? you mean the fit of the parts are very tight and will need sanding to make them fit ?

Ive yet to build a Salvino's JR kit so I have no experience with them
Rob Spires
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On his Saturday morning show, Jim said that you’ll have to make sure the roll cage pieces are aligned properly for the body to fit over them. The test shots look really good, so I’m optimistic that it won’t be an issue. I mean, I try to make sure that the parts fit correctly on every kit I build… Laughing
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinfan wrote:
Can you guys elaborate on the "tight" ? you mean the fit of the parts are very tight and will need sanding to make them fit ?

They also will likely need some additional clearance added for paint buildup around the windows and hood so that parts will assemble after paint and clear.
martinfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
martinfan wrote:

They also will likely need some additional clearance added for paint buildup around the windows and hood so that parts will assemble after paint and clear.

Thank you Tom, maybe masking off the window openings will be a good idea Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: