Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 Amigos Decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject: 3 Amigos Decals Reply with quote

Hello folks,
Quick question for the group.
Has anyone had 3 Amigos do custom artwork for a model??
Would like to hear about your experience.
Appreciate your thoughts.
Feel free to PM me.
Thanks!
Bob B
Robyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you would consider it custom but I worked with Sam to do the John Wayne Coors car. Very easy to work with and I would not hesitate to ask him to do anything in the future. I was talking with him on some custom stuff and another manufacturer released what I was looking for so we did not complete it.

Robyn
Bob B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robyn wrote:
I don't know if you would consider it custom but I worked with Sam to do the John Wayne Coors car. Very easy to work with and I would not hesitate to ask him to do anything in the future. I was talking with him on some custom stuff and another manufacturer released what I was looking for so we did not complete it.

Robyn

Thanks for sharing your experience Robyn.
Much appreciated!
Bob B
Scotty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted him to do a special one for me because no one has done a 100% accurate sheet for a 1997 Ricky Rudd Tide T-bird. He responded that, that sheet has been done numerous times. I showed him the multiple sheets I have from multiple people who have STILL not done it correctly (i.e. his name wash, the tiger, correct contingencies) and he still wont do it. So as far as him advertising that he does special decals....not in my case he wont. And in my defense...the #9 Elliott blue Coors was a kit and he re did it. Why wont he do mine? And now that he has put out the #23 Camel car, I noticed Powerslide is also going to release his version. So I know who I will be buying from.
Scotty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So....After speaking with Sam at 3Amigos, it appears I had my head up my backside. I completely misinterpreted our email exchanges. He never said he wouldn't do my sheet. He said it was a project he would have to consider and it would take time. In fact, he has since contacted me and has at least 30-40% of it complete. He has been swamped with requests. This was completely MY misunderstanding, NOT his! So, I jumped the gun with my previous rant. It seems he has been working all this time, and we all know you cant rush art. So I apologize to Sam and the community for my public rant. I shouldn't have thrown him in front of the bus like that. I will now eat crow. My apologies.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 2 sheets done by Sam. I haven't used them yet, but the I have in hand is great (one is in the mail).
I found Sam VERY easy to work with and quick.
Once I get my butt in gear, i'll use them with confidence.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scotty wrote:
So....After speaking with Sam at 3Amigos, it appears I had my head up my backside. I completely misinterpreted our email exchanges. He never said he wouldn't do my sheet. He said it was a project he would have to consider and it would take time. In fact, he has since contacted me and has at least 30-40% of it complete. He has been swamped with requests. This was completely MY misunderstanding, NOT his! So, I jumped the gun with my previous rant. It seems he has been working all this time, and we all know you cant rush art. So I apologize to Sam and the community for my public rant. I shouldn't have thrown him in front of the bus like that. I will now eat crow. My apologies.

THIS sounds more like Sam. I was totally blown away with your ORIGINAL post. Thanks for the update.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in communication with Sam a lot, he's very down to earth and easy to talk to, I was surprised to hear any negativity about him. So to put it in perspective, I asked Mike (Mike's decals) that I'm actually friends with and live 10 miles from him, to make the Camel decals, he said "it's in the works", that was 3 years ago. He's too busy with Salvinos right now so don't hold your breath. I also asked Mike about the Winston decals, he still hasn't made them yet. Not putting any negativity against Mike, he's a great guy, he's just milking that Salvinos cash cow right now, and, I don't blame him for that. Sam and I are in contact about remaking older decals that are hard to find now, or, just had crappy decals.
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no doubt, the whole Salvino's deal has totally been a once in a lifetime opportunity deal for Mike. I wouldn't pass that up either. I don't blame him one bit for that! He has been able to take Powerslide to a whole new level with this deal. Good for him. I was never "waiting" on anything in particular from him, I simply used that paint scheme in my rant as an example. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

And again like I said, I misread my interaction with Sam. I have been told on numerous occasions that I need to learn how to communicate better and not just from the wife. So seeing as how I seem to be the only one who had "an issue" I must be the common denominator. So I am man enough to own my own mistakes and admit I messed up with Sam. And I owe his brand and image an apology.
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one is taking you as salty, Scotty, just odd to hear anything negative about him, or, any decal maker in that respect. I build mostly late 80's-2010 era cars so that's why I'm trying to get these guys a heads up about decals. Hopefully other people are like myself and want to build these cars also. Mr. Mark at MPR decals and myself are friends also, I just put little bugs in his ear and he's made some great sheets because of that, plus, got his name out there also. So, no apologies needed brother, we ALL rant from time to time Laughing
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Scotty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Dave. 90s is my era i prefer to build since i was late teen and thats my best memories of going to the track. skipping school on friday for qualifying and seeing the cars with hardly anyone there with the roars. good times. but i certainly appreciate the decal makers for what they do. i know i cant do it. i can barely turn a computer on. lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: