Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A white Alliance BGN car?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Undertaker2480

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: A white Alliance BGN car? Reply with quote

Hey folks, hope all is well. I have an odd question. Does anyone ever remember the Alliance Tractor-Trailer Olds BGN car driven by Robert Pressley from 1990-1993 ever being white? I was piddling on eBay today when I saw decals for the Alliance Olds, but when I clicked on it to view, the door numbers and the "ALLIANCE" hood and quarter panel decals were red rather than white. After reading the description, it said these decals were not made for a dark colored car; use on a white car. I know Robert personally, and, although I was a teenager back in the early 90's, I still followed his career very closely. I may be fading in memory, but seems like I only remember his car being black and gold. I even did a google search and couldn't find anything. Can someone here verify whether or not he DID drive a white/gold Olds and, if he did, does anyone have a photo? Good grief...am I slipping THAT bad?!?!
KDM_Racing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to browse ebay on my brakes and I have to say. There is a lot of absolute garbage on Ebay. There are so many decal sheets that don't even attempt to be acurate. Wasn't that car Gold and Black. Not white.
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those decals are sold on Ebay by a known decal artwork thief who can't print white so he takes decals made for a dark car and makes for a white car, even if said car never was white at any time. I don't ever recall the Alliance cars being anything other than black and gold, UNLESS they had to borrow a white back up car from another team and used it . ??
Undertaker2480

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys for confirming what I thought. Never thought about an artwork thief knockoff. Just thought I had missed a one-and-done special scheme. Thanks! ..up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: