Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

General Question about Powerslide Decals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbherri2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject: General Question about Powerslide Decals Reply with quote

I've used one sheet and REALLY like them, but I've noticed that the Microset/Microsol products (which I never thought of as 'hot') might be a little too hot for the Powerslide decals. What are you guys using for a setting solution with the decals?

thanks!
Matt T.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking Powerslide aftermarket decals from Mike, or the sheets in the Salvinos kits?

I have successfully used Micro-Set and Micro-Sol on all the Cartograf decals (Powerslide, Ace, Wetworks, JWTBM).

But I noticed that the Powerslide sheets in the Salvinos kits don't have the tiny "Printed by Cartograf.com Made in Italy" on them. Maybe a company stateside is printing them?
jbherri2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First set is the Eddie Bierschwale Pontiac that I got from Mike's as one of the package deals. I like that they are thin and are also easy to move about on the model when you first place them. But, I noticed after a few sessions of MicroSol on the larger decal on the trunk, there are tiny pits all over it. I think this is probably my fault for flooding the decal too many times with Microsol; but I haven't experienced this before. Maybe I shouldn't have used any decal setting solution?
Bill J

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Solvaset on decals, including Powerslide decals. I think it is a little milder. I only use a setting solution on difficult curves, bumps and creases. So, spariingly with solutions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: