Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1964 Daytona 500 Winner Richard Petty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject: 1964 Daytona 500 Winner Richard Petty Reply with quote

Just completed my 1964 Plymouth Belvedere as driven by Richard Petty to his 1st Daytona 500 victory. Started with the Lindberg Petty Kit. Painted Testors Big Bad Blue, Powerslide decals, Testors Silver Blue for the Interior, Mix of Testors Light Blue and White for the chassis and under hood, PPP wheels and tires. I built the old Johan Kit that I found when I was kid and always wanted to build a better version. Finally got it done. I started this back in 2014 I believe.

bangor boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job, JJ. Nice call on the alternate blue colors for the chassis and interior.

I'm disappointed that Mike's Decals were so off with the drop shadow and key line blue tones for their recent Petty decals.

The Petty numbers were never augmented with a royal blue. It always looked, to me, to be a deep, dark navy blue. Or even black with some cars in some years. Yesterday's hit the mark a few years back with their early ' 70s sheets.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
notworthy
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice clean build!!!!!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, Excellent build , J.J. Hits all the marks that you want to see in an Awesome build.
dirtman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! That's when Nascar racing was real racing! And you could identify the cars. Now they all look the same to these old eyes..

Rett
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dirtman wrote:
Very nice! That's when Nascar racing was real racing! And you could identify the cars. Now they all look the same to these old eyes..

Rett

Agree, You could pick out the cars easily on the track because they never changed from race to race. Petty medium blue , Lorenzen white, Panch Maroon, Weatherley red and black, White Gold and White, Jarrett Blue, etc. etc.
wsmith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job. One of my favorite race cars and models. I have built two models of that car and getting ready to do a third model of that car. Hopefully get improvement each time. Your version looks great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: