Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We are FAMOUS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: We are FAMOUS Reply with quote

Out of curiosity I decided to watch the Salvinos FB video and see if there was news about the Dodge coming......
After they talked about how great they were and how much better than 'Those guys over at the Randy Ayers site who spend time measuring their body parts'....
WOW.....I thought I needed to support their biz.....kinda having second thoughts since I have body parts to measure.....
Joe Oteri

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious how much real estate we own in their heads. Constructive criticism makes you a, "hater" in their eyes. Sorry I'm not one of their Facebook lapdogs.

Their Saturday videos are a gas too; Jim shows a new 3D part to, "improve" something he tooled wrong, Rick talks about STP, and Kermit talks about the Builders Club.

Rinse. Repeat. Same show next Saturday.

https://public.fotki.com/AAJOTERI/joes_models-1/nascar_models/
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather here or in direct emails I have never just slammed them. I have offered idea and help....all rejected. If they had listened to a number of folks that offered free help we'd not have things like a bad fix for a problem. Having an issue is one thing....the fix being wrong too is not OK....
1/32 scale trailing arm fix for the GM kits.

What's that they say about glass houses???
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my feeling is that they are the only new kits being produced. If you don't like them then don't buy them. I'm happy to get a kit that is a reasonable facsimile to what i saw race. That said, if Salvinos want write us as a group "off" because of some criticism then that is a bit short sighted. Obviously they are monitoring this page. I suggest they get a user name and password and contribute/defend/solicit. The hobby is shrinking. If we continue to self consume we will be left buying old kits on EBAY for big $$.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just not good business to openly talk nasty about your customer base....any customer.....and being the largest NASCAR forum on the net......very short minded. When I had a hobby biz and did NASCAR licensing there were folks that I did not like.....but they were CUSTOMERS, some BIG.....so I smiled and kept any negattive thoughts to myself.
Salvinos has a lot to learn.......ATLANTIS will get my money in 2021....cool stuff coming...good guys
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
I guess my feeling is that they are the only new kits being produced. If you don't like them then don't buy them. I'm happy to get a kit that is a reasonable facsimile to what i saw race. That said, if Salvinos want write us as a group "off" because of some criticism then that is a bit short sighted. Obviously they are monitoring this page. I suggest they get a user name and password and contribute/defend/solicit. The hobby is shrinking. If we continue to self consume we will be left buying old kits on EBAY for big $$.

Wonderful hobby we have hear. We eat our own. At what point is enough, enough? It gets real old. ..deadhorse . I'm thinking they must be turning a profit. They're still producing kits last I heard. Anyone recall the old MPC Southern Stockers? How about the AMT early eighties kits? Why not rehash all those while we're at it? Can someone point me to a perfect stock car kit? I'd love to see it.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enough NASCAR kits to build one a day for 10 years.......
If someone DOES NOT WANT MY BUSINESS you do not have to tell me twice. A company saying in public that we all here are obsessed with our private parts is NOT a way to grow your business.
I was on the Salvinis site to look at their club....thought with the Dodge coming maybe time to look at it. But they stated in PUBLIC they do not awant me in their little club....and I will honor that.
How long would any of you last in your job if you got on social media and said nasty things about your largest customer. One of my co-workers did ut and nest day he was GONE....that's the real world.
I have no problem if you think Salvinos is FANTASTIC......this is just my opinion.
Hot Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
It's just not good business to openly talk nasty about your customer base....any customer.....and being the largest NASCAR forum on the net......very short minded. When I had a hobby biz and did NASCAR licensing there were folks that I did not like.....but they were CUSTOMERS, some BIG.....so I smiled and kept any negattive thoughts to myself.
Salvinos has a lot to learn.......ATLANTIS will get my money in 2021....cool stuff coming...good guys

What is Atlantis?
Mack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The constant negative reaction to Salvinos on this forum is old. It would be the same as me going to a diner, hating it. everything was awful. And when I complained they didn't want to hear it. So I go home, get on the internet and blast them. Then a week later I return to the diner and the same thing happens!!! And I'm none to happy, so I go home and get on the internet and blast them again. At some point I may need to discontinue my visits to that diner. And as far as this forum occupying real estate in their head, I doubt it. Salvinos is talked about more on this forum than this forum is talked about in their club meetings I would bet. Salvinos lives rent free in some of the heads of members here. If their product is not up to a persons standards, that person should not buy it. Just like I would not return to the afore mentioned diner. The market will decide whether or not the diner survives, not me.
creepyguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all of those ripping on Salvinos, please let me know were I can purchase your kits so I can compare them. I am sure that yours are spectacular on all levels and worth the price. Please let me know where to order them
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Wheels wrote:

What is Atlantis?

https://atlantis-models.com/
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

creepyguy wrote:
For all of those ripping on Salvinos, please let me know were I can purchase your kits so I can compare them. I am sure that yours are spectacular on all levels and worth the price. Please let me know where to order them

All of my PENNGWEN HOBBIES model kits sold out but one, I have TWO in stock of my NISSA 300ZX left. After selling HUNDREDS of resin kits with ZERO complaints I decided family and grand kids were more important.
If interested in my kits please PM. Thanks

Conversion kit for Monogram TB into SCCA racer

Many others......yes I did better
Rob Spires
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m going to lock this one. I feel like all sides have had a fair say and there’s nowhere for this to go but down.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: