Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New from Salvinos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: New from Salvinos Reply with quote

I thought I would post this for those that may not be getting updates...
Salvinos has a release date for the new 73 Charger kit and sent this out the other day...
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like to see a final PRODUCTION body.....if well done 6 or more for me!
Mike going to get a generic version??
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did my part to support the hobby and the vendors , I ordered 1 kit.
Lionpride

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's Richard Petty???
bigryan18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they get this one right
TonyK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my ignorance but why only make 5000 available when you could most likely sell twice that many.

A very popular driver and popular car.
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everything I have seen the body looks right on this one. There are still some inaccuracies in the drivetrain, but overall this looks to be the best offering yet.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyK wrote:
Excuse my ignorance but why only make 5000 available when you could most likely sell twice that many.

NO
inside info here....but working in the hobby my best guess.
5000 is about the number they run on a kit today......some they run 3000. Our hobby is very small today. The 5000 will make folks buy them when the come out, the most important thing for a kit.....get some ROI on a tool. Also Richard had MANY paint schemes on the body up to 1977 IIRC so they sell out of this one.....use the same tooling with new decals for another 5000. Then they have the 71-72 body later with more Petty versions I am sure.
IMHO Only
TonyK

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good explanation. Guess I'm a little too optimistic about our hobby these days.
LarryMow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TonyK wrote:

From what co owners Rick Salvino and Jim Rogers has mentioned previously....they only make so many because they dont want to saturate the market and have the kits end up on the shelf of some bargain warehouse. Theyve also said (as mentioned earlier) they will release the same kit/body style later on but with a different set of decals/driver/sponsorships. If anyone is interested, Salvinos does a Facebook live “show” every Saturday morning at 9am central. Its a pretty good way to catch up on up coming releases, modeling news, tips, interviews and individual 3D printed parts kits.
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
TonyK wrote:

NO
inside info here....but working in the hobby my best guess.
5000 is about the number they run on a kit today......some they run 3000. Our hobby is very small today. The 5000 will make folks buy them when the come out, the most important thing for a kit.....get some ROI on a tool. Also Richard had MANY paint schemes on the body up to 1977 IIRC so they sell out of this one.....use the same tooling with new decals for another 5000. Then they have the 71-72 body later with more Petty versions I am sure.
IMHO Only

Dave is exactly right. If you follow Salvino's on Facebook, they have a 1 hr live on Saturday mornings where they discuss their plans. They limit their runs to 5000 or 2500. Unlike the 90s when Revellogram produced 25000(?) of the 28 Davey Allison kits, which you can still find at flea markets and thrift stores for around $5, you probably won't find a Salvino's kit at Ollie's or Big Lots for $10 anytime soon. They have licensing with several drivers (or their estate). I'm not an insider, but I'd guess we'll see a #71 Buddy Baker sometime after the Petty Charger.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say look for White and Red #11s from the Petty Stables. Rick told me a while back that the tool had interchangeable parts for things like 1/4 windows and other items as well. I think the #6 would make a good choice as well as Bobby Allison Coke Car. All of these cars except the #6 they already have agreements with these drivers, that may have been included other cars like the Chargers, we don't know but time will tell...I have the 71in the works now I already have the 2 #11 cars done and for Sale and have sold more than I really Thought I would I can think of a couple USAC cars as well like the 75 Butch Hartman, Don White, and many more..licensing for one of those may be far less than the NASCAR Stars.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monogran kit #2900 (look it up) was on my order sheet every Monday when I helped run a hobby shop in Charlotte. 2 to 5 cases every week. Think what that meant Monogram was selling!!! Very different today.....but the COVID has boosted sale some.....a small positive out of this CRAP.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Like Steve

McQueen

All I need is a fast machine"

I'm sure Sheryl Crow hasn't ordered. But I have.

With a side dish of vermillion.

Last edited by bangor boy on Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
bangor boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Monogran kit #2900 (look it up) was on my order sheet every Monday when I helped run a hobby shop in Charlotte. 2 to 5 cases every week. Think what that meant Monogram was selling!!! Very different today.....but the COVID has boosted sale some.....a small positive out of this CRAP.

Yeah, West Virginia getting hammered like lab rats. Don't think covid-19 gave the first flying fadoo about which political party you supported. Just burrowed in when it got the chance.

My city now in a total lockdown except for essential services like food, drugs (grew my own, t'anks) and building supplies. Otherwise, I'll source .080 rod on line coz local hobby shops ain't considered essential. And rightly so.
wrenchr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be placing an order for this one. Smile
18degrees

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
"Like Steve

McQueen

All I need is a fast machine"

I'm sure Sheryl Crow hasn't ordered. But I have.

With a side dish of vermillion.

Great song choice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: