Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amt/model king 1972 Torino question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D_Young

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject: Amt/model king 1972 Torino question Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where the Model King 1972 Torino that was produced several years back originated from? When I see them for sale, the box says AMT/ Model King, but the pictures of the body look like the old MPC. Any Insight on the body and the chassis of this kit? Thanks in advance.

[url] https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/amt-model-king-1972-ford-grand-torino-523989654[/url]
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMT, MPC, Linmdberg and Hawk brands are all now owned by Round2. When we had the series of stock car kits node as private issues then owner RC2 was not using the MPC brand name so AMT was used. The Model King verson is a slightly modified version of the Original MPC Bud Moore kit. Generic H&M like chassis with leaf spring rear suspension. The Model King version has decals for a number of cars real and fantasy. Ny box stock build....Richie Panch
D_Young

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the help Dave. I thought I had read a post from you on this a while back, but I couldn’t remember the details. Thanks very much, and nice Torino build!
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few hints for building that series.....thx
https://public.fotki.com/DaveVan51/model-king-stocker-/
D_Young

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. No doubt that will be helpful. Thank you.
D_Young

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave that guide is going to be so helpful! I have one of the MPC reissues now and didn’t get the wheelbase right before I super glued it. Still hoping to get it loose without breaking anything. The roll bar tips and Everything else in there will help tremendously as well. Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: