Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

56 ford?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: 56 ford? Reply with quote

My next project is a car that was driven by Ruth Leonhardt at Fairgrounds Motor Speedway in Louisville, Ky. Ruth was a school bus driver by trade and her nickname and CB handle was Mother Goose. Ruth could wheel a race car. She ran in the "Powder Puff" ladies class but also against the men and did quite well in both. She was frequently a "hired gun" when there was a big money womens race and the local male drivers would loan her a car for half the prize money. She rarely disappointed.

I am terrible at identifying cars by model years. I think this looks like a 56 Ford but I wanted some other opinions. I also included a picture of her grave marker so you could see this woman was a racer.

Racer14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a 55 also. Side trim was almost identical in those two years.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its diffidently a 55 or 56 Ford 2 dr sedan turning the 56 2 dr ht into a sedan will be a difficult thing but I do believe I have seen a how to here on this board on how to do it..From what I remember the person that did it made it appear a lot easier than I thought it would be. The finished body looked great you should try to find that article. Good luck and be sure to post some progress pictures as you build...
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without seeing the front grille area you can't tell 55 or 56. And often in race car dress the parts that made it a 55 or 56 were modified or removed. You can start with a AMT 56 Vickie and convert it too a sedan adding the B pillar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: