Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

STP/Petty DayGlo color?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandlapper43

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: STP/Petty DayGlo color? Reply with quote

It has been awhile since I have seen a Petty car in person. Does STP DayGlo color have a red or orange tint. It looks red on TV, but I seem to remember it having and orange tint in person.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red. The actual color is "Vermillion".
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on a Facebook page someone did a spoon test with Tamiya T-36 (Florescent Red) followed by TS-96(Florescent Orange) is a very close match, to the Vermillion
JTK515043

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greetings, all - i'm a little late to this post, but just as an fyi, i recently came across 'pintyplus' spray paints, and their 'light blue' and 'fluo red' colors are the closest matches to the petty blue/red that i've ever seen - especially the red. 'Stop Lite' (by SEM) is the actual red paint that Petty used on their STP cars, and side by side, there is zero difference between these two reds. and, believe me, over the years i've wasted hundreds of dollars trying to find a comparable spray-can match for that color. (i have some of the actual SEM paint, but it's automotive paint that requires additional mix/binder/clear/etc. and, is far too complicated for a simpleton like me to use. hahaha!) and... just my $.02, but... the majority of 'fluorescent red' spray paints that exist (and, most people seem to like to use for petty models) just aren't the right color. they don't have enough of a pink base to them (Stop Lite is actually VERY pink - it just starts to turn orange/red-ish the more coats you apply.) maybe this info helps... thx!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: