Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brush paint color for "dirty white" window nets ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Brush paint color for "dirty white" window nets ? Reply with quote

Hi all:

I was wondering if you have found a good brush paint color for the "dirty white" window nets on the early '80's NASCAR cars ?

I'm working on the '82 Gatorade Buick (Salvinos JR kit) at the moment and the box photo shows a good picture of what as best as I can describe it would be "dirty white".

Thanks !
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Tamiya gloss white, followed by gray panel line. Finish up with flat Tamiya clear.
james220

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a color, made for figures, called bone white, comes out and off white and dries flat also use it for air filters, for the life of me can't remember who makes it but it comes in a plastic pot. Citadel maybe.
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james220 wrote:
I use a color, made for figures, called bone white, comes out and off white and dries flat also use it for air filters, for the life of me can't remember who makes it but it comes in a plastic pot. Citadel maybe.

Thanks ! Can you remember where you get it ? That might help track it down.
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orangeastre wrote:
I use Tamiya gloss white, followed by gray panel line. Finish up with flat Tamiya clear.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you using the "Gray" or "Light Gray" panel line stuff ?
james220

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the bone white at my local Hobby Shop. It was in the figure painting section. Small plastic pot. I have used it with Tamiya panel line wash (black) and it worked great. Sorta turned the area into and off gray/tanish color. next time I might try the gray wash might even turn out better.
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james220 wrote:
I got the bone white at my local Hobby Shop. It was in the figure painting section. Small plastic pot. I have used it with Tamiya panel line wash (black) and it worked great. Sorta turned the area into and off gray/tanish color. next time I might try the gray wash might even turn out better.

Thanks -- I actually found a pretty good one at a local game store -- it's from "The Army Painter Warpaints". The color is called "Mummy Robes".
james220

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Citadel paint . Strange first name but was bone. With a black wash really looks good on window netting. But I also use it on air filters.
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

james220 wrote:
It was Citadel paint . Strange first name but was bone. With a black wash really looks good on window netting. But I also use it on air filters.

I was in the game shop again yesterday -- they have the entire line of Citadel paints. I looked for the "bone" white and they had a couple different ones (none just called "bone white"):

Morghast Bone
Ushabti Bone
james220

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ushabti
Goodwrench3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james220 wrote:
Ushabti

Thanks !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: