Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tamiya silver paint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john843

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Tamiya silver paint Reply with quote

I'm trying to find out if anyone has experience with or knows if any of the Tamiya silvers (TS-83 in particular) have the same hard gloss texture as the TS-21 gold? I'm looking for a silver that I won't need to clear coat. Most every silver I've used in the past would oxidize and flatten considerably but I haven't had that problem with the gold and wondered if Tamiya had a silver counterpart. Thanks,
John
67chevelle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey John I have used Tamiya silver my seceret let it cure for a couple of days then I have taken a 100% cotton tee shirt and rub it out it gives it a semi gloss shine hope this helps. Jeff.
john843

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jeff. What you suggested will probably work fine in this case. The silver I'll be spraying will only be 1/8"-3/16" separation lines on a couple of Le Mans Prototype 1/64th HO slot car bodies. Since they will have three colors in addition to the silver stripes, I didn't want to have to clear the whole thing just to get to the silver and lose more detail.
Worse case, I could probably just brush the silver carefully after it cures with some of my 17 yr. old Future and call it done.. I've got a big bottle of the original formula that I got around 2002, 2003 that I've kept stored climate controlled and in a dark drawer that is as clear as the day I bought it. The plastic bottle it came in has discolored and gotten a little milky-looking but the product in it should be good well into... the FUTURE. Sorry, couldn't help it

John
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had issues with Tamiya Gold developing 'spots' - so you may have been lucky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: