Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earnhardt donor kit question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LarryMow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:33 am    Post subject: Earnhardt donor kit question Reply with quote

I recently bought some resin kits from SMH and Ace decals/resins. I plan on filling out my Earnhardt collection a bit more. I currently have the bodies for his cardinal tractor torino; along with his gm goodwrench cavalier and malibu. Ive got an early ford tbird chassis coming for the torino........but what would everyone suggest for the cavalier and malibu?

Any suggestions what chassis’ to use for his venturas and novas?

Thanks in advance!!!
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the AMT chassis because there more correct to what they ran. But if your doing to sit on a shelf and its just for you you can use any chassis just need to make them fit. Thats with all donor kits. I use all types under mine. Not a stickler.
LarryMow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

halfbreed999 wrote:
I use the AMT chassis because there more correct to what they ran. But if your doing to sit on a shelf and its just for you you can use any chassis just need to make them fit. Thats with all donor kits. I use all types under mine. Not a stickler.
Yeah its just for me and my personal collection. I have one resin chassis/floorpan for the torino but need to add the suspension and cage. I’d like to make it as easy on myself as I can since its not gonna be for someone else or for a contest. Thanks for the suggestion, gonna look into it. 👍
gks1964

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use the AMT T-Bird chassis it's by far the most accurate chassis. Very similar to a Banjo chassis.
LarryMow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gks1964 wrote:
I'd use the AMT T-Bird chassis it's by far the most accurate chassis. Very similar to a Banjo chassis.
ok cool, i’ll look into those as well. Ive got the Kulwicki/Schrader Rookies of the Year T-bird combo coming.....I may save them to build, but may may decide to sacrifice one to use as a donor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: