Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New 1980s Pontiac Lemans decals at Mike’s

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: New 1980s Pontiac Lemans decals at Mike’s Reply with quote

Does this signal that the Salvinos Lemans isn’t too far off? Mike’s has 2 Powerslide sheets “coming soon” for the early 1980s Pontiac Lemans - one #66 Skoal for Phil Parsons and one #28 JD Stacy for Benny Parsons.
tomcat65

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering Mike's Decals & Salvino's work closely together. These decals signal it's close... During their weekly facebook live updates, Salvino's said it was looking to be September for the release of the Pontiac LeMans. They even showed a "test shot" built kit. Jim of Salvino's said there was some "tweeking" to do before it heads to production... With the licensing they have in place, they could do the following kits: #88 Gatorade, #28 Hardee's, #27 Old Milwaukee, & the #28 Tuf-Lon. So we will see what we get issued... I'm looking forward to the LeMans. Wanting to do the #88 Gatorade that ran a LeMans for 2 races in 1982.

Thomas
Reyst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike said he will be releasing the Lemans in generic form like he did with the 2+2, before Salvino’s releases one themselves. I believe Mike also fronted the money to get the Lemans off the ground so I would assume soon if not around the same time he gets the decals in stock, just like his batch of 2+2 decals
tomcat65

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't heard Mike was doing a generic one. That's Great!! Even though I know I'll end up getting a few LeMans by being in the Salvino's Builder's Club. Getting a few "generic" ones works as well...
tomcat65

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't heard Mike was doing a generic one. That's Great!! Even though I know I'll end up getting a few LeMans by being in the Salvino's Builder's Club. Getting a few "generic" ones works as well...
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Rogers has stated a few times that the Lemans will be the kit for September. I would expect Mike to release his generic Lemans the third or fourth week of August.
SkoalPerce

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to building Phil's Skoal Brother Lemans, I will not be building an "after race" version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: