Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ranier Racing Interior colors info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:14 pm    Post subject: Ranier Racing Interior colors info Reply with quote

In the interview last weekend with Rick Salvino Lorin Ranier, gave the interior colors of the cars they ran (as best he could remember)
In
1979 Teal
1980 Silver
1981 Red
1982 ???
1983 Orange
SkoalPerce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 81 was silver too, at least the early part of the season, like 1980. 1982, Benny and Buddy in the J.D. Stacy Lemans was red.....then Cale years, like you said, were orange.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur on the 1982 Ranier cars having a red interior, which went well with the J.D. Stacy Red VEE stripe from the hood down the front fenders behind the tires. J.D. McDuffie would buy a used Ranier LeMans ( The Benny Parsons " 1st 200MPH Talladega Qualifying " car I recall ) . J.D. repainted the exterior in his standard Grey & Blue colors, but still with the RED interior.
Danny Woodford

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teal??? Miami Dolphins Teal?

😳
john843

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Woodford wrote:
Teal??? Miami Dolphins Teal?

😳

Yep, or at least, real close. The Daytona 500 winner,(the "Grey Ghost") was a car obtained from Lennie Pond and the interior was left the teal color that he was running.
Maybe with the exterior of the car painted in one of the most striking liveries (in my opinion, anyway) to come along at that point, Ranier thought nobody would notice that the interior matched NOTHING:)

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: