Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2020 sucks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject: 2020 sucks. Reply with quote

Some of you may have already heard, but I have been recently diagnosed with stage four pancreatic cancer. I would like to thank everyone for their friendship and support over the years.
Bill J

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry to hear that. We have always appreciated your work and your friendly and helpful posts. I wish you all the very best in the future. I'll pray for you and keep you in my thoughts as well.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope things will change for you and you get through everything OK Take Care of yourself
Sundance

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:12 am    Post subject: Sorry to hear that gator Reply with quote

I'll ditto the sentiments on 2020. I had a severe heart attack in Feb.

On a more positive note, I was diagnosed stage 4 prostate cancer in 2015. I am still here. Just had my annual scans yesterday. We'll see where I am at. I'm still playing with grand babies and building models. Find the joy where ever you can. I actually found that the work stress and bs stopped bothering me much. It gave me new look at life. I love the looks of the grandbabies faces and their noises. The wife and I take the Grand National to car shows a couple of times a month (except this year, thanks Covid!). I am more relaxed and really enjoy the things that really matter. I regularly tell folks between the scans, chemo and the radiation, I now glow in the dark, Now if I could just figure out a way to glow in the dark for the grand babies......

Also, my dad's mother in law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer a number of years ago. She lived about 10 yrs with it. So all is not lost.

There are advancements in treatments all the time. The second chemo pill I was on for 2 yrs was not even available when I was diagnosed in 2015. The IV treatments I got last fall were not even available in 2017. It is not fun going through them, but manageable. Radiation was actually uneventful for me. It does have a cumulative effect of making you tired but not unpleasant. Been through it twice now 43 and 35 sessions.

Feel free to pm me if you need to talk.

Mike George
"Sundance"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: