Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my petty 2x2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lanny haas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:01 pm    Post subject: my petty 2x2 Reply with quote

petty blue, Fluorescent red, Salvinos JR Models.
Made some modifications, used roof from monogram Grand Prix nascar kit, resin trunk lid used 5 hole wheels, like what are on the car in photos I had...
lanny haas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know why photo is backwards
creepyguy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great. Weird that the first photo is reversed... Although, that would take some spectacular decaling skill!
lanny haas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turned photo
lanny haas

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had some issues with this kit, directions call for installing the rear end assembly, installing the motor, than installing the drive shaft...had to cut one of the mounting stubs on the drive shaft. front grill insets 4 each had to be filed to fit opening, had decals for rear side window, but no side windows in the kit, made my own. hood on my kit seems to narrow. I didn't like the roof shape. The window trim seemed higher than the roof crown, so replaced it with the roof with one from a monogram grand Prix, roof. It also solved the windshield install as I used the donner kit A pillars. also rounded and repolished the window corners that are to square, on the rear window. detail 7 on instructions
just has call out of parts and what color to paint them, but no illustrations as where the go. New modelers would have no clue as where they go...
Now all that said, all these issues were no show stopper, I was able to work out all the issues. But if I was new to the hobby, wanting to build this kit, lacking the know how to work past the issues, One could get discouraged, throw the parts back in the box, and go play video games...after spending 40 bucks on a 24 dollar model at best...,
now Ill crawl back in my hole
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely Done!!!
sentsat71

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nicely done ! ! ! !
Jim N

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great!
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good - and stay out of that hole, please! We didn't get interested in this hobby to hide from the truth, right?
lanny haas

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good point👍
joe b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lanny haas wrote:
had some issues with this kit, directions call for installing the rear end assembly, installing the motor, than installing the drive shaft...had to cut one of the mounting stubs on the drive shaft. front grill insets 4 each had to be filed to fit opening, had decals for rear side window, but no side windows in the kit, made my own. hood on my kit seems to narrow. I didn't like the roof shape. The window trim seemed higher than the roof crown, so replaced it with the roof with one from a monogram grand Prix, roof. It also solved the windshield install as I used the donner kit A pillars. also rounded and repolished the window corners that are to square, on the rear window. detail 7 on instructions
just has call out of parts and what color to paint them, but no illustrations as where the go. New modelers would have no clue as where they go...
Now all that said, all these issues were no show stopper, I was able to work out all the issues. But if I was new to the hobby, wanting to build this kit, lacking the know how to work past the issues, One could get discouraged, throw the parts back in the box, and go play video games...after spending 40 bucks on a 24 dollar model at best...,
now Ill crawl back in my hole

I agree !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: