Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jungle Jim's 1/16 1973 Vega Funny Car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhstRider68

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Jungle Jim's 1/16 1973 Vega Funny Car Reply with quote

This is the body of the Model King release of Jungle Jims 1973 Vega Funny Car in 1/16th scale. So far I have about 10 hours in body work on it and I'm not finished. I will continue to post photos as I progress

GhstRider68

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: In my quest to produce an accurate representation, I was having trouble finding the true color of this car. I found out he ran 3 versions of the Vega in 1973 with this being the first version. The color has been very difficult to nail down, so I researched and reaearched...

Finally, I got in contact with the company and actual painter of Jungle Jim's actual 1973 Vega Funny Car in 1972. Unfortunately, I got bad news that, " the paint color is a candy pearl blue that was custom mixed." Bummer!

So I decided to go with a color that is darker when not in the light and very blue when in the sun. These were characteristics I noticed with the original color. I am awaiting the paint from MCW Finishes to get the body painted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: