Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brad Keselowski Millerlite white.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millerlite2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Brad Keselowski Millerlite white. Reply with quote

Hi all.

What is the nearest color match for the white car 2014 on please.

Cheers 👍
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm working on one now and I used MCW Fleet White. I saw a post on the old boards where someone got a trading card with race-used sheet metal (not sure of the year of the sheet metal swatch) and the member said it had some pearl in it. so it's up to you, but I would say use any pure white paint. and I wouldn't use a lighter blue for the blue parts... I have both a racing blue and a dark blue from MCW that I was debating, MCW recommends the light racing blue for Miller Lite according to their color chart, but I sprayed both on plastic to test and the dark blue looks closer. for reference, the racing blue is a Sunoco or Valvoline (think Mark Martin's car from 1997 or so) blue and the dark blue is used for Martin's Stroh's cars and his earlier (1994ish) Valvoline blue.

hope this helps.
millerlite2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thank you for your reply 👍 I shall look up MCW Fleet white and give it a try.
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

millerlite2 wrote:
Well thank you for your reply 👍 I shall look up MCW Fleet white and give it a try.

Here is the link to the site. Make sure you use a white lacquer primer (I use Testors)... if you use regular grey lacquer primer it takes a million coats to cover the grey, take my word for it, found out the hard way on my Gatorade Laguna. This place is a bit pricey, but if you like to work with lacquer paints it’s well worth it, and i use the aerosols. I don’t use any other paint for my topcoats.

http://www.mcwautomotivefinishes.com/paint/racelist.html
bigryan18

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car was indeed pearl white.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look for some Dupli-color Pearl White......I LOVE this stuff! Super fine and great coverage.
millerlite2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies. Plenty to go on now Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: