Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quick question to guage interest.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Quick question to guage interest. Reply with quote

With the possibility of a Salvinos kit I may be barking up the wrong tree. I wonder how many have considered using a Monogram/Revell GTX or Roadrunner for a NASCAR build? IF so, how many of you have wished they'd gotten around to making a '72?
I'm wondering because I'm making a '72 street bumper for that kit and would consider NASCAR style if there's any interest?
afx

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Coulter's book: Building and Detailing Scale Model Stock Cars has a how to on doing this conversion starting on page 68. It doesn't describe the bumper mods so would be a good choice to cast one IMHO.

https://books.google.com/books?id=NQjE-De-l9gC&pg=PA72&source=gbs_selected_pages&cad=2#v=onepage&q&f=false
Shadetree Modeler

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested. I've never taken the time to compare, so how much difference is there between 71 & 72? ..popcorn ..popcorn ..popcorn
RCB

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take five, with no disrespect to the great Dave Brubeck. Still awaiting the 66-7 Plymouth stuff.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadetree Modeler wrote:
I'm interested. I've never taken the time to compare, so how much difference is there between 71 & 72? ..popcorn ..popcorn ..popcorn
Night and day... literally. Where the '72 sticks out, the '71 tucks in. In this photo the '72 unit is the one on the left.

AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCB wrote:
I'll take five, with no disrespect to the great Dave Brubeck. Still awaiting the 66-7 Plymouth stuff.
Me too. Unfortunately the tail end piece for the '66 '67 Plymouth has been delayed. I will have it done before summer though.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I'd rather have a good resin copy of the MPC with '71 or '72 rear bumpers. I don't like mixing scales, I like my '80 and earlier kits to be 1/25. Plus, I have several of the Missing Link resin Satellite hoods to fit the MPC body.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCB wrote:

Quite possibly the most cultured quote ever on this forum.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
Honestly, I'd rather have a good resin copy of the MPC with '71 or '72 rear bumpers. I don't like mixing scales, I like my '80 and earlier kits to be 1/25. Plus, I have several of the Missing Link resin Satellite hoods to fit the MPC body.
And Missing Link is quality goods too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: