Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cale Yarborough Laguna Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjsipes

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 8:45 am    Post subject: Cale Yarborough Laguna Questions Reply with quote

I am looking at building Cale's Championship Laguna and need a little help. I have the Model King Laguna kit but the chassis is lacking in my opinion. What would be a better source for a chassis? Monogram TBird or GM chassis? AMT TBird chassis? What colors are you guys using? I have Tamiya Brilliant Orange and Camel Yellow which don't look to far off from one another.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A AMT 90's era chassis works well. You need two to get the correct WB.
james220

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the Salvino Monte Carlo I used Italian red, McClaren orange and pure white. All Tamiya paints, looks good to me. The decal sheet I have for the red ,orange and white Holley Farms car suggested Camel yellow I think for the yellow it said it matches the number but I though on the real car it didn't match the numbers so I used McClaren orange I want to say it TS-50/56 but I don't have it in front of me so I'm not sure. It is a newer color I think. On the old MCW site he suggest Italian red, grabber orange and white. Some folks say the grabber orange is not correct I don't know for sure. Dave's right about the chassis, AMT t-bird chassis lengthen to get correct wheel base and adjust the roll cage to the correct ride height. you can lengthen the chassis by adding plastic or mate two together depending on what you have. You will need to do a new dash top and change some roll cage bars to be more accurate, add dual shocks, maybe add a new package shelf and adjust the seat. In one of the Model mags it shows you how to adjust the Laguna MPC chassis to receive the long trailing arms. I think everything else is pretty much the normal adjustments to the generic chassis to make it fit. MPC wise that is. Depends on how accurate you want to be what you have and what you want to get.
jjsipes

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'm not after a contest winner, just a shelf model but would like it a little more accurate than the kit chassis.
RussMyers

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamiya TS-56 Bright orange.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: