Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1965 Jim Paschal Chevy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 8:50 am    Post subject: 1965 Jim Paschal Chevy Reply with quote

Just finished . Used the new laser decal system. Took 109 hours to complete. This is the way the car looked at the Southern 500 that year. To a lot of Chevy fans, this was the great Chevy hope of 1965 but didnt quite turn out that way. Best finish was a 3rd at Bristol. I think it only started 5 races that year.

Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that looks great. Killer stance, the decals came out great as well!
Bill J

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truly awesome Mark, as always you nailed the look!
Henryjint

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful build!!!!!!
Radar43

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject: #41 Reply with quote

Mark that is a beautiful build. Are you interested in selling 2 sets of the decals? What brand and color paint did you use please?
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: #41 Reply with quote

Radar43 wrote:
Mark that is a beautiful build. Are you interested in selling 2 sets of the decals? What brand and color paint did you use please?

Radar i'm not really in the decal business but if I can improve a little more where I'm confident I'm selling a product I can be sure the buyer will have no issues with, then i'll let you know. I want to see if I can print the color images over the white images and have just one sheet to sell. Every one else so far is having register issues where the 2 don't quite line up just right and i wouldn't want to sell a sheet like that. The paint is Tamya ts49 bright red.
Radar43

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject: decals Reply with quote

Mark, Yes as soon as you have things worked out please let me know. I do not have any 1965 Chevys in my collection. This will be my first. Thank You!
james220

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Mark I remember the Chevy's being so highly touted and being such a disappointment. You did a wonderful job on a very rarely seen car.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:12 am    Post subject: Re: decals Reply with quote

Radar43 wrote:
Mark, Yes as soon as you have things worked out please let me know. I do not have any 1965 Chevys in my collection. This will be my first. Thank You!

Radar, I have a pretty good idea that i'm not going to be able to solve the registration problem with the 2 sheets but i'm pretty sure you can get Ray Fox/ Lee Roy Yarbrough decals to do that 65 Chevy. But you never know, maybe i can get lucky and figure it out.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some shots of this car at the 65 Southern 500.

arca guy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job!
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Chevy Reply with quote

Beautiful job!
bmartin359

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is great looking build.
Jim N

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work Mark! Looks superb as usual.
pulln4dejr

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Chevy Reply with quote

Nice looking early “Bow Tie!” 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the wip if anybody is interested how the build came together and some better interior shots.

http://cs.scaleautomag.com/sca/modeling_subjects/f/31/t/132235.aspx
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build Mark, and the decals look fantastic! Not to be pokin any bears but I'm the curious type, how many tries did it take to get that level of registration? I see no misaligned decals at all. Even the sleepy bear looks great.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
Great build Mark, and the decals look fantastic! Not to be pokin any bears but I'm the curious type, how many tries did it take to get that level of registration? I see no misaligned decals at all. Even the sleepy bear looks great.

Thanks Adam but your not looking close enough. I should have cut each contengencie loose when I placed them over the white decals. All of the decals were done Fred Cady style. some were placed better then others. But its my first try at this so i'm pretty happy with the over all results. The next sheet i'm going to try to make the color and all black sheet (which will print all white) as identical as I can get them and print the color file right on top of the white file and see how bad the register turns out. So far nobody has claimed a fix for it with this setup.
Mike Clements Sr

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mark, What a nice model. I love those 65 Chevys and your's is no exception.
Your's is the first build of that car I've ever seen. I love the stance on the car, the wheels and tires are great, and the overall appearance with the color, the number, and just some of the 65 Chevy characteristics make a pretty neat model to be proud of. How about some photos of your collection.? I saved the photos of your Rex White cars. Those cars are the peak of the hobby in my opinion. I just don't know that they can be topped.
Mack

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You absolutely nailed it....Perfection in a model car!!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

Thanks Adam but your not looking close enough. I should have cut each contengencie loose when I placed them over the white decals. All of the decals were done Fred Cady style. some were placed better then others. But its my first try at this so i'm pretty happy with the over all results. The next sheet i'm going to try to make the color and all black sheet (which will print all white) as identical as I can get them and print the color file right on top of the white file and see how bad the register turns out. So far nobody has claimed a fix for it with this setup.
Aw! You made me scroll up and look closer! (JK) First attempt with this printer? From where I sit it can't really be called a fail. And let's be honest, most of us are just blinded by that red. Well done.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
MarkJ wrote:
AdamtheWayne wrote:

Aw! You made me scroll up and look closer! (JK) First attempt with this printer? From where I sit it can't really be called a fail. And let's be honest, most of us are just blinded by that red. Well done.

i'm just glad I can finally make white decals whether they register perfectly or not. That making decals printed on white decal paper and then trimmed on the model was not fun.
BW

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute killer build Mark! Decals look fantastic. This is inspiring me to get back in the saddle and build some more race car models. I've had a good break building 1/72 military aircraft so I'm getting back to four fenders and wheels. Thanks for posting and keep'em comin'!
Bobby
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BW wrote:
Absolute killer build Mark! Decals look fantastic. This is inspiring me to get back in the saddle and build some more race car models. I've had a good break building 1/72 military aircraft so I'm getting back to four fenders and wheels. Thanks for posting and keep'em comin'!
Bobby

Yes, We wish you would get back to stock cars. We're all missing them very much.
Firefly

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful result! Love the sleepy bear.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Clements Sr wrote:
Hi Mark, What a nice model. I love those 65 Chevys and your's is no exception.
Your's is the first build of that car I've ever seen. I love the stance on the car, the wheels and tires are great, and the overall appearance with the color, the number, and just some of the 65 Chevy characteristics make a pretty neat model to be proud of. How about some photos of your collection.? I saved the photos of your Rex White cars. Those cars are the peak of the hobby in my opinion. I just don't know that they can be topped.

Thanks, Mike. Now that I can do white decals, i'd like to do Rex's 63 Chevy that he drove at Daytona 500 that year. All that white script on the quarter panels has made that one, one that I have avoided.
the old master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject: 1965 Jim Pasqual Reply with quote

Hot Damn. That looks just plain ol' Good !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: