Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help: Ford GT40 kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgvet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Help: Ford GT40 kit Reply with quote

I am looking for advice and was hoping some of you guys could help. My teenage son is really into the original Ford GT40’s and I was hoping we could build a model of one together, especially since he’s stuck at home during this quarantine.  I’m having a hard time finding a Fujimi kit for less than $100 on the big auction site.  Is this my best option? Anyone know of how else to come by one? Are decal sheets available for this kit? He would probably want to build the Ken Miles car if possible. He’s never built a model car but I’ve done some fairly extensive modeling, just been a while. 
Any help or advice appreciated. 
Thanks,

Jed
Racer14

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at several sites and it doesn't look like there is any availability of these kits other than the ebay ones.
Just a thought...Why not build the Revell 2017 Ford GT Lemans. It is priced reasonably and has good detail. Not the classic but still a GT.
spooker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indycals has the Miles/Hulme decals: http://www.indycals.net/decals/lemans/66gt40-1.html
spooker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, there is this option, altho a much more difficult build: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Union-Ford-GT-GT40-Mk-II-1-25-1-25-Memorial-Collections-Plastic-Model-Kit-OOP/233562659694?hash=item36616b5b6e:g:58wAAOSw9rJemf4j
m2joe4

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgvet - check your PMs - I may be able to hook you up.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Revell GT40 kit is the same.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: