Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allison 1971 Ford Torino

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:33 pm    Post subject: Allison 1971 Ford Torino Reply with quote

Does anyone have a copy of the model magazine article from many years ago, pertaining to kit bashing the roof from some kit to a 70 Torino body to come up with a 1971 formal roof Torino/Fairlane? #12 Coke Ford.
Firefly

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recall a conversion by a builder who did the Wendell Scott car. But I think it was online. If I recall correctly he grafted the roof/trunk section from the Cyclone.
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject: #12 Reply with quote

so it is the roof of the 1971 Mercury Cyclone? I cant for the life of me remember which roof the person used. He built a Bobby Allison car. It only raced a few races.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's close, but it's not that simple. The shape of the side window is different, and neither the Mercury nor the Torino Cobra with the fastback roof have the standard Torino character line that runs from the nose to the tail just below the side windows. It's much easier to just buy the resin formal roof body from Motor City Resin.
Radar43

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:31 pm    Post subject: Fairlane Reply with quote

Tom, I looked that up and getting one of those is much better than making one. They are out right now but maybe will get some soon.
jokar124

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les Smirle did this conversion in his build of the Wendel Scott #34 Torino. It was featured in his popular modelling website "Mr. Nascar's Neighborhood"
Radar43

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:12 pm    Post subject: #22 Reply with quote

jokar, I remember now and I think I printed that off and have it saved. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: