Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1980 Gurney-Riverside Monte Carlo color blue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom S

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: 1980 Gurney-Riverside Monte Carlo color blue Reply with quote

Anyone have an idea what would be a good match for the blue? Using Lobo Graphix decals.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 Gurney-Riverside Monte Carlo color blue Reply with quote

Tom S wrote:
Anyone have an idea what would be a good match for the blue? Using Lobo Graphix decals.

A guy named yellowsportswagon did the model over at model car magazine site. you could ask him.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/146868-work-in-progress-dan-gurney-1980-riverside-500/
Radar43

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:07 am    Post subject: Blue Reply with quote

The car was an Rod Osterlund car. I would think the blue was the same as the blue on Dale Earnhardt`s car.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Blue Reply with quote

Radar43 wrote:
The car was an Rod Osterlund car. I would think the blue was the same as the blue on Dale Earnhardt`s car.

if you click on the link there is a picture of the car in the thread . it appears to be a darker blue then what Earnhardt's #2 had.
john843

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not positive but I think the Osterlund Monte Carlo that Gurney ran was a Benny Parsons #27 sometime before Osterlund put Gurney in it for Riverside. May not have had time to re-do it?
Also have often wondered what the ghost "0"s on the door was about.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: