Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cale Yarborough 1982

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Cale Yarborough 1982 Reply with quote

Cale Yarborough's 1982 valvoline buick. Powerslide decals with the salvinos reissue of the monogram buick. White and black from tamiya with axalta clear. I have the 81 also done and will post eventually. Thank you to my friend Glenn Hurd who made the 82 decklud sized decal. Thank you everyone for the support!

MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Jose. another off the charts build. Never realized they put a Chevrolet power decal at the hood opening area. You'd think Buick officials would frown on that being revealed to the fans that thought it was a Buick engine. Again, another awesome build.
Jose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny part is theres supposed to be more on the car but i didnt have them. The rear spoiler and bumper also had the chevy power logo.
james220

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another sweet build. Great work.
JWVD5953

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job! I am leaning to the older 80s and 90s cars myself. ---John
Jim N

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Jose! Really nicely done.
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Valvoline Reply with quote

Jose, nice work. One of my favorite cars. Would you happen to have 2 more of the trunk lid decals to sell or trade?
Jose

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Valvoline Reply with quote

Radar43 wrote:
Jose, nice work. One of my favorite cars. Would you happen to have 2 more of the trunk lid decals to sell or trade?

No i dont. I only got the one. Look up glenn hurd on facebook. He might be able to print more.
Radar43

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:20 pm    Post subject: 27 Reply with quote

Thank You Jose. Anyone out there that has Facebook that wouldn't mind asking him for me? Thanks
Henryjint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Wow, Jose. another off the charts build. Never realized they put a Chevrolet power decal at the hood opening area. You'd think Buick officials would frown on that being revealed to the fans that thought it was a Buick engine. Again, another awesome build.

The big reason for the CHEVY POWER logo on Cale's car was because Chevrolet Motor Division was tired of hearing a BUICK had " Won on Sunday ", withOUT the CHEVY motor being mentioned. ( Buicks would win 47 of 61 NASCAR Cup races in 1981 - '82. ) So in 1982 Chevy started a contingency program for those GM teams that were not on the " factory " BUICK deal. ( Bobby Allison & DiGard Racing were also on the Chevy deal, though the M.C. Anderson team took it a step further by actually covering over the BUICK name on the front grille !!! ) This " Buick -with-a-Chevy Engine " situation prompted Chevrolet to create the more aerodynamic SS nose piece for 1983, which prompted many of the GM teams to switch to the MCSS. Ironically, although Bobby Allison & DiGard would win with an MCSS ( Rickmond Race 3 of 1983), they decided to switch back to Buick 2 races later when they " had problems " obtaining the MCSS nose piece from the new Top Chevy team Junior Johnson & Associates. This move would make Bobby & DiGard the Top Buick team for the next 6 years.

Last edited by George Andrews on Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
MarkJ wrote:

The big reason for the CHEVY POWER logo on Cale's car was because Chevrolet Motor Division was tired of hearing a BUICK had " Won on Sunday ", withOUT the CHEVY motor being mentioned. ( Buicks would win 47 of 61 NASCAR Cup races in 1981 - '82. ) So in 1982 Chevy started a contingency program for those GM teams that were not on the " factory " BUICK deal. Bobby Allison & DiGard Racing were also on the Chevy deal, though the M.C. Anderson team took it a step further by actually covering over the BUICK name on the front grille !!! This situation prompted Chevrolet to create the more aerodynamic SS nose piece for 1983, which prompted many of the GM teams to switch to the MCSS. Ironically, although Bobby Allison & DiGard would win @ Richmond ( race # 2 ) in the MCSS, they decided to switch back to Buick 2 races later when they " had problems " obtaining the MCSS nose piece from the new Top Chevy team Junior Johnson & Associates. This move would make Bobby & DiGard the Top Buick team for the next 6 years.

Thank you , George. That's some awesome information.
the old master

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject: Cale Reply with quote

Sharp excellent craftmanship build.
Mick21

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good Jose
gcreswell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice job getting this one
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: