Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2020 - Race 1 - Redwood Acres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2020 - Race 1 - Redwood Acres Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-5TPklIi-A

KS: It's a beautiful evening here in Eureka, California and it's that time of year again. A new field of Fantasy Cup Series cars are lined up and some familiar faces are back behind the wheel as we are about to go racing. Hello, everyone, I'm Ken Squier and joining me once again is 3-time NASCAR Winston Cup champion Darrell Waltrip. Welcome to the Redwood Acres Raceway for the running of the GoPro 200.

DW: Ken, I've had the itch and today, it's time to get out the scratcher!

KS: And with that, we take you trackside for opening ceremonies.

https://youtu.be/nLXvAMDckNU?t=15

"And now, race fans, here to give the command, please welcome our grand marshals, Rock N'Roll Hall of Famers, Metallica!"

James: Gimme fuel, gimme fire, and...
All: Gentlemen, start your engines!

KS: The 6 engines have roared to life and now we'll introduce you to the men who will pilot their machines around this 3/8 of a mile oval. On the pole, in the number 23 Wallace Brewing Ford, it's Keith Wallace. Wayne "Hick" Strutlin in the Skoal Dodge, number 11 joins him on the first row. Row 2 will be the 46 of 2013 series champion JR "Razorback" Sealey. He's in the AC Delco Oldsmobile and on the outside is the 74 Hill Farm Racing Buick of Jimm Jackson. The 5th starting position belongs to the number 95 Go Army Dodge of L.A.P. 1 Racing owner Lee "Spud" Loggins and shotgun on the field will be the man they call the "sick Freak" but here, we also know him as the 2019 Fantasy Cup Series champion, in the number 25 Stanley Tools Pontiac, it's Bobby Dravin! There is your lineup and we'll be with you in a moment with the start!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin' in 2020, boys!

KS: And Wallace wasting no time pitching his wagon into turns 1 and 2. He'll come to the back stretch with a car length lead over Hick Strutlin.

DW: We've got 200 laps and they'll click off fast as the leaders come off of 4.

KS: Wallace leads the first lap at Redwood Acres.

Lap 41

DW: Man, that 74 car just put a move on ol' Razorback there. He moves up to 3rd.

KS: And the field remains tight with all cars within a second of leader Keith Wallace.

Lap70

KS: And the defending champion Bobby Dravin goes to the outside, gets a huge run off of turn 2 and puts the boss' 95 Dodge and the 46 in his rear view.

DW: What a move! Neither Spud nor Razorback had a chance!

Lap 109

KS: For the lead, Jimm Jackson goes door to door with the 23 of Wallace. Contact! Jackson into the left rear of the 23! Wallace trying to block but Jackson's Buick was already there.

DW: And he's got a problem, Ken. I think that knocked that quarter panel in a little.

KS: And smoke billowing from that left rear tire. He's slowing and he'll dive into the pits. What a heartbreak. Dominant for 109 laps and he'll lose a lot of time as the Brew Dog Motorsports team goes to work pulling that sheet metal off of the tire.

Lap 156

KS: Trouble, turn 2! Car in the wall! It's Lee Loggins!

DW: Ken, I think he had a right rear tire blow because that car just slipped right out from under him. Tough break for that 95 team.

Lap 192

DW: Ken, that 25's been on a grind! He's fought his way from the bottom of the heap and he's got that leader in his sights!

KS: Jimm Jackson is your leader for the time being but lookout for Mr. Dravin! The sick freak has been gaining ground over the last 5 laps and he's but a stone's throw away from the Buick of Jackson.

White Flag

KS: White flag in the air! Jackson, Dravin, and not a wisp of air between them as they come to the line side-by-side! They thunder into turn 1, nobody giving an inch! Slight advantage to the black Pontiac of Dravin! Through turns 3 and 4, from the outside, huge run by Dravin! He'll come to the line to win the GoPro 200 here at Redwood Acres!!

DW: WOO! Is that how you start a season or what, Ken!? These fans were on their feet for the last 15 laps! What a race!

KS: And he lights up the track with a celebratory burnout! Let's look at the unofficial results.

1. 25 - Bobby Draven
2. 74 - Jimm Jackson
3. 11 - Hick Strutlin
4. 46 - JR Sealey
5. 23 - Keith Wallace (-5)
6. 95 - Lee Loggins (Out)

DW: What a day for that L.A.P. 1 team. Heartbreak and triumph all in one race.

KS: The defending champion picking up where he left off in Darlington, South Carolina and Lee Loggins of course, out after an incident where a blown tire sent his Dodge into the wall. Next week, the Fantasy Cup Series excitement continues in Haleburg, Alabama. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Ken Squier. We'll see you again at the Sneaky Pete's 100!

Last edited by Razorback 46 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
halfbreed999

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to Bobby today. Seems like our tires were giving up there in the end, and ran her into the red line a little but didn't want to blow the motor this early in the season. Fred got her dialed in for me and glad we ran well for a good part of the race. Sorry to hear about Lees problem, and would like to apologize to Keith about what happened with pushing in the rear quarter. He cut down on me and I was already inside of him, but he ran a good race. Going to have to keep my eye on him if his car keeps running like that. Well onto the next race at Smokey Harris Speedway, Haleburg, AL. 3/8mi. Clay Oval. Hopefully we can sling some mud and get us a win.
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee "Spud" Lo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best of times and the worst of times for L.A.P.1 racing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: