Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My scratch built Battlestar Galactica Original Series)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Aircraft, Military, Ships, Sci-fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randy ayers
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject: My scratch built Battlestar Galactica Original Series) Reply with quote

This is my scratch built original series Battlestar Galactica ... it is approx. 44" long and 24" wide... I built it in 1978-79 when it was actually on tv and it took me about 8-9 months... All I had to go by was a partial diagram in what I believe was a Starlog magazine and video tapes of the show ... had no way to capture any images so I just did a lot of watching Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ... this was in Cleveland Ohio when I was about 22. We moved down here to North Carolina in 1983 and in order to get it in my car (74 Charger) along with numerous other model stuff including the AT-AT walker I just posted I had to cut it into 3 sections the front the middle rectangular section with the viper bays and the rear Engine section. I glued it back together and it sat in the basement from 1983 until 2005 and when I checked it out the rear section had sagged! So I carefully removed it again and re-enforced the joint between the sections and decided to clean it up as best I could and add some details and panels and repaint it. It has been in my bedroom ever since!!! (I also had to disassemble the Walker to pack it up for the move... I reassembled it a few years earlier than the Galactica and brought it up to my bedroom)

Here are a few pics of some of the resurfacing I did... further down are pics of the repainted model... and here is a link to the album with all of the detail pics of the repainted model ...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/randys_models_etc/albums/72157630350558260/with/7470269106/

And a few of the repainted model...

I was afraid to try flipping it over so my underside painting wasn't perfect by any means!

Last edited by randy ayers on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet some museum would love to display that.....
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done...that is one big model!
Jim N

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job! Looks amazing.
james p

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really turned out sharp looking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Aircraft, Military, Ships, Sci-fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: