Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2020 Salisbury Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject: 2020 Salisbury Show Reply with quote

Anybody have the date for the swap meet?
Thanks
Bill
CRANMAN1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No contest? Never seen a modeling get together without a contest. I'd like to see the swap meet anyway.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the dates. It's an excellent place to pick up my models , decals etc.usually Plastic Performance is there plus Mark Agee (Ace decals ) who also brings a bunch of Powerslide decals. Lots of resin too! Plus no room for a contest.
Billl
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a modelers paradise. How was the crowd last year? Me and a couple of buddies went to the show in Louisville a little over a year ago. Great crowd and a ton of vendors.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
No contest? Never seen a modeling get together without a contest. I'd like to see the swap meet anyway.

When I was in the Road Knights model club in Charlotte we started a vendor only show that ran for a number of years in the late 1980's to 1990's. We had many of the aftermarket guys like Cady and Modelhaus along with vintage kit sellers......so I guess it's kinda a Carolina thing.
I will say the last time I set up as vendor I had the biggest day I ever had. But can't get a table any longer so not sure how it is now.
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last several years excellent crowds. Got to be patient though, isles are narrow and with people stopping to look or buy might have to wait especially if you are carrying pounds like I do!
Bill
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the old Magic City Modelers annual show in Birmingham Alabama. They used to have it at an old Armory. That came to an end after 9-11. That show was always packed. It would be elbow to elbow at the vendors tables. And the car count was crazy. I miss those days.
CRANMAN1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there haven't been contest in long while. I remember allen saying that the cost for trophies and a category have a couple cars in it. Plus rent the space is enough too.
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, who know's? Might be better off without a contest. I can see the upsides. A person wouldn't have to stay all day to see if they won anything. Walk the swap meet over a time or two and hit the road. I wish Salisbury wasn't so far away, I'd love to attend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: