Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chroming Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FallsCity48

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Chroming Question Reply with quote

I got several things I'm going to have to chrome (grilles, bumpers etc).
I was wondering from anyone's experience in these matters which would be the best.....
1.) Alclad II Chrome
2.) MOLOTOW LIQUID CHROME Markers

I know that these have been covered before in the old threads but unfortunately these can not accessed.

Pros & Cons on each encouraged!

Thanks!
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Alclad would be the way to go for larger areas. The Molotow looks great, but even after drying for a long time, the shine quickly goes away if you touch or handle it at all. I've heard different ideas about putting a clear coat on it, but have never tried that. The Alclad on the other hand seems to hold up well to handling.

I usually use my Molotow for touch up on small places that won't be touched after assembly.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a way to help Molotow keep from dulling.

tb
FallsCity48

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Birky wrote:
In my opinion, Alclad would be the way to go for larger areas. The Molotow looks great, but even after drying for a long time, the shine quickly goes away if you touch or handle it at all. I've heard different ideas about putting a clear coat on it, but have never tried that. The Alclad on the other hand seems to hold up well to handling.

I usually use my Molotow for touch up on small places that won't be touched after assembly.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has a way to help Molotow keep from dulling.

tb

Thanks!!
So it appears the Molotow never dries??
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well technically it does dry, but handling just makes it lose it's shine. And by handling I don't mean a lot, I mean like barely touching it changes the look. Hopefully someone chimes in that has found a cure for this because I would like to know. I've not had that trouble at all with Alclad.

tb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: