Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P. Randy Sweet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wildbill72

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Sweet Reply with quote

Legendary race car driver and business owner Randy Sweet passed away on Friday morning at the age of 72. Sweet was one of the most inventive race car drivers of our era turning his talent for developing race car parts into the very successful Sweet Manufacturing business.
john843

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember in the mid-late '80's and early '90's drooling over some of the ultra-lightweight one-off pieces of his that were featured in SCR and Circle Track magazines. He fielded some amazing rides in some of those $50,000 and I think at least one $100,000 to win dirt late model races that were run back then on the heels of the NDRA successes and popularity. He was innovative to say the least.

John
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the Day -- A Randy Sweet dirt late model was the car to have, if you wanted to WIN !!! RIP... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: