Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moebius Models 1956 Chrysler 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iborg317

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Moebius Models 1956 Chrysler 300 Reply with quote

I've got this kit that is begging me to pop open the plastic on. I'm curious if it needs the chrome spear removed and if so, will it "ghost" if I simply sand it off. Also, I've seen one build where a crease for the chrome was added to the rear quarters as well as holes for the removed chrome trim. My research indicates the holes are of questionable accuracy. I'm guessing they were filled once the trim was removed. Is this an accurate guess? Also is the crease in the actual car? I've scoured the net buy am not 100% certain.

I know this is the board of NASCAR kit historians so I'm hoping someone can keep me on the right track.
bangor boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot some pics on here and let us see the talking points you're referring to re: the body holes.

There was a lot of different sponsor names and graphics used that varied from race to race.
iborg317

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a tremendous build. I'm just not sure if its an accurate build.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2014/09/03/a-southern-stock-car-star-recreated-down-under/#&gid=1&pid=10l
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character lines are there if you don't get to heavy-handed in the removal of the chrome trim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: