Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Circa 1996 Monte Carlo (Revell) Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kapam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Question about Circa 1996 Monte Carlo (Revell) Kit Reply with quote

I have built three or four of these stockcars (mainly based on a Jeff Gordon/Dupont base kit) and they have a somewhat curious arrangement for the oil cooler radiators.
At least, I assume they are oil coolers.
There are two of them and they line up longitudinally/parallel with the chassis on each side, just behind the radiator. I have never seen a photo reference of how this arrangement looks in real life. Does anyone have anything?
I think this set-up may have been devised by a Hendrick Motorsports but I might just be quoting some unconfirmed rumour.
If this has already been addressed on the forum, a link to that post would be most welcome.
Robyn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but I do not think that the kit representation is "exactly" accurate for any individual car or team. If memory serves me correctly the chassis and a lot of added pieces is just a variation/slightly modified version of the original chassis that was used in the early eighties. If you have some other kits from the same era, compare them and you will see many similarities not only between manufacturers but also generations i.e. Lumina is similar to the Monte Carlo you are referring to which is basically the same as the Buick Regal, which also share similar if not exact parts with the Thunderbirds.

Revell/Monogram was trying to get the most bang for the buck and this is how they accomplished it.

Robyn
kapam

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for what it's worth, this is how I plumbed the left-side and right-side oil coolers on my current (in progress) build.
https://imgur.com/B62rx31
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: