Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Michael Waltrip Wood Brothers First Contact Thunderbird

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmartin359

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Michael Waltrip Wood Brothers First Contact Thunderbird Reply with quote

I am hoping the group here will be able to help me out with this. I have searched google and found one image of the First Contact Thunderbird. The image below is from the NASCAR Reddit. I was wondering if anyone here has any other pictures of the car. I can find plenty of pictures of the diecast and some fantasy cars but I was hoping to get a couple of photos of the real car. The car also looks to be silver to me but again hoping the group here can either confirm or deny that.

DaveVan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet to build it....have the decals....yes it was silver..one race deal....so may not be many photos.
bmartin359

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dave.
Pnut615

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/nov-1996-the-citgo-ford-thunderbird-of-michael-waltrip-in-action-the-picture-id350790?s=2048x2048

A little late but here is a good shot of it in it's race configuration with the white numbers. That picture at the start of the thread looks like a shot of the car in practice.

For anybody wondering. From what I've read NASCAR made the team change to white numbers for the race cause they were hard to see. Looks like they removed some of the "foil gold" in the other decals as well when you compare the car from practice to the race.

I got the decals for this car & need to build it so this will be good reference when I get around to build it.

Sweet looking car and the movie was pretty good too!
bmartin359

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Pnut615, I am wrapping up a few builds, two non-NASCAR, and will be starting on this hopefully real soon.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photo.....thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: