Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gravity Paints??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Gravity Paints?? Reply with quote

Has anyone used these?

Pros?
Cons?

Not sure they can be shipped to Canada as they might be considered HAZMAT??

Thanks in advance.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most small cans or jars of paint would be OK to ship with FedEx Ground, as the amount of HM is considered " Limited Quantity " and is exempt from placarding requirements. Just stay away from UPS " Package " ( the original UPS ) as they discourage any HM shipments, no matter how small, by tacking on a large HM surcharge. The company originating the shipment is required to properly declare any HM; they may add a small surcharge to cover the extra information needed.
In my 30+ year career as a Commercial Truck Driver, I have hauled entire trailer loads of Limited Quantity Hazardous Materials, withOUT needing to turn placards, due to the small size of the individual containers and their packaging group. Hair Spray, bug spray, nail polish, even Liquid Paper, are examples of Limited Quantity shipments. Now if that bug spray is in 55 gallon drums, or an entire tanker full, then it is an entirely different deal.
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been a number of discussion threads about Gravity Paints on the Model Cars Magazine forum.

Basically, there are two groups to order from. One in the U.S. seems to be order at your own peril.

The group in Spain appears to fill their orders well.

If you order from Gravity Paints, do so with your eyes wide open.

If it were me, there are a number of sources for model paint. I would look at other vendors to order from.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gravity paints shut down their American distributor over his business practices. If he's up and running again, avoid him. Order from Spain. Your paint will be here in the same amount of time as though you'd ordered from the U.S.. They are high quality paints and worth the effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: