Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hasegawa got it wrong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Hasegawa got it wrong Reply with quote

Got my latest email from Southern Motorsports Hobbies and The hasegawa model of a 65 Chevy has it on the box as a 1966. They call it an American coupe type 1 instead of a Chevrolet. I guess included in the kit is a blond girl. I thought that was kinda funny.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are old kits.....tooled back in the 60's........curbside with a semi generic interior. Wrong year is the least worry!!!
MarkJ

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Those are old kits.....tooled back in the 60's........curbside with a semi generic interior. Wrong year is the least worry!!!

I also noticed that it is 1/24 scale. That's kinda weird.

Last edited by MarkJ on Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
TG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a couple of Hasegawa kits several years ago thinking they'd be Tamiya quality. They aren't.
martinfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
DaveVan wrote:

I also noticed that it is 1/24 scale. That's kinda weird.

Not for the Japanese and worldwide market outside of the USA, that is perfectly normal, 1/25th is the weird scale.
jokar124

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These Hasegawa models were originally released as slot car bodies back in the sixties. The generic interior provided is a later addition to get more sales from the existing molds as "complete" model kits. They appear to be copies of the contemporary American kits, namely, Jo-Hans' Cadillac, MPC's Pontiac and AMT's Buick, Chevy and Thunderbird, making them actually 1/25 scale. I have compared Hasegawa's 66 Bonneville to MPC's and found them to be virtually identical in size and details.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the Pontiac......
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jokar124 wrote:
These Hasegawa models were originally released as slot car bodies back in the sixties. The generic interior provided is a later addition to get more sales from the existing molds as "complete" model kits. They appear to be copies of the contemporary American kits, namely, Jo-Hans' Cadillac, MPC's Pontiac and AMT's Buick, Chevy and Thunderbird, making them actually 1/25 scale. I have compared Hasegawa's 66 Bonneville to MPC's and found them to be virtually identical in size and details.

Well they got the year wrong on the box. Makes perfect sense that they would put the wrong scale on the box as well.
Steve Salhany

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]

They do build into good if simplified models.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Caddy is the best of them.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: