Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Evergreen plastic uses that i figured out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject: Evergreen plastic uses that i figured out Reply with quote

hey folks, wasn't sure how many of you like to use Evergreen plastics to upgrade your builds, but here are a few things that I found to work that I jotted down... mostly so I won't have to label the packages anymore. part numbers and sizes included for your convenience.

fuel filler outlet for 80's/90's cars -

use tube #226 (3/16";.188";4.8 mm) with rod #214 (1/8";.125;3.2 mm) inserted in it. drill out the existing outlet with a 3/16" drill bit and it fits as snug as can be

fuel overflow/excess gas catch can tube -
tube #223 (3/32";.093";2.4 mm) or 3/32 metal tube from K&S I believe

this size tube also works for making somewhat functional rear shocks for the Gen6 cars. I use 3D printed springs from Shapeways that actually compress, but this is moot if you mount the shocks. I cut the shock off the mount, attach a piece of the tube, and use the thinner part of the shock with the mount hole. you insert this piece inside the tube after it is all glued in place, and viola! functional shocks.

80's/early 90's exhaust -
tube #225 (5/32";.156";4.0 mm). works perfectly.

side skirts for 80's/early 90's cars -
angle (L shaped) #295 (5/32";.156";4.0 mm). cut the sizes you need, paint them, add rivet detail (I use a Molotow chrome 1.0 mm pen) and attach to the frame of the chassis, close to the body. this is usually one of the last things I add, right before the windows.

90's trunk rails/roof wickerbill (that was used for a short time) -
angle (L shaped) #291 (.060";1.5 mm). haven't used this one yet, but I plan on it for my 1991 Davey Allison & #46 white Valvoline Al Unser Jr. builds, plus the wickerbill on my #6 Mark Martin JR's Garage build.

sprint car wing supports -
rod #220 (.035";.88 mm). perfect size, I used them on a build.

filling in the lower grille on '89-93 Thunderbirds -
strip #107 (.010x.156";.25x4.0 mm) fills it in well. I use this when I add some Detail Master grilles, which are a staple on my last 3 Tbird builds and all my upcoming ones.

exterior window straps -
strip #113 (.015"x.060";.4x1.5 mm) seems like it would work for exterior window straps for 80's/90's cars. haven't tried this one out yet, but I will.

hope this helps, and feel free to contribute any more ideas/used you may have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: