Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1970 and up Mopar chassis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: 1970 and up Mopar chassis Reply with quote

Lionspride started a thread on the Salvinos Charger and I got a little carried away. In an effort to allow that conversation to be what it should I've set up here.

Bill J. sent me an excellent article on this particular mod I'm sure will be a help. I just need to know a few more things.

It's been forever since I lay on the grass under one of my Chargers so details are a bit fuzzy. I've noticed two key differences in the 2nd gen and 3rd gen Chargers. The Revell chassis has frame rails that keep a consistent distance, while the AMT spreads toward the rear. Which is correct?
The Revell fuel tank is longer.

There's a lot to do to get this chassis ready to work on. All those lines need to be removed. Tank replaced with cell box, smooth forward section of pan, build new K member and torsion bar mounts.

It's going to take a while just to do the cleanup so expect this to go really slow. Any tips or reference photos will be greatly appreciated. I am basing this on the Petty/Hyde cars.

Hopefully I can get a decent chassis that can be used with most of the kit parts.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered pages from the 1973 NASCAR rule book covering construction with illustrations. Twisted Evil

https://www.cottonowens.com/scrapbook/construction_guidelines.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: