Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monte Carlo slab side or not slab side thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LastoftheV8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Monte Carlo slab side or not slab side thread Reply with quote

this may have been discussed on the pre crash board so thought maybe to restart. please reply to my thread with what you know

This is for the 95 to 99 Monte Carlo revellogram kits

Kits in Tin boxes (dale sr "plus" car, terry laborite Kelloggs, Jeff Gordon) are slab sided

Crayola crayon kit is not slab sided

Dale Jr AC Delco Busch cars are not slab sided

Any of the 1995 year cars with sillohoutte headlight outline decals instead of "real" headlight decals are not slab sided

I am 95% sure none of the kodak morgan mclure kits or the mike skinner lowes kits, regardless of headlight decals, are slab sided.
LastoftheV8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: another tip Reply with quote

Keep in mind that many of the kits show a picture on the front / top of the box of the real race car in its slab sided form yet the kit inside is not slab sided. hence one of my main reasons for starting this threads
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure on the Dale Jr. AC Delco kit?
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought at least two of the Dale Jr. AC Delco kits when a Big Lots had them about 20 years ago and am pretty confident they were slab-sided kits. I came across them in my box of NASCAR kits a couple days ago.

From recent experience (because it's what I built my 1998 Daytona-winning MC from) the Mike Skinner Lowe's kit (85-2523) was a slab-side body. I'm pretty sure the Racing Reflections reissue was also a slab-side body.

The Robert Pressley Scooby-Doo Wacky Racing kit (85-2484) was a kit that wasn't slab-sided. I know this because I used one as the basis of a "build your own team" contest in 2001.

Jodie Peeler
Jim N

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Kodak car is round sided. The Burger King car is too.
SkoalPerce

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cartoon Network, purple Scooby Doo Monte, comes in both slab and non slab form. The late issue, slab side, come in the box that has the lid attached, little different pifture trim too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: